Robshoots

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
_MG_7121-Mtn Park.jpeg

Last edited:
Looks good, nice shot.

I love the way the light zig zags down through the frame!

May be just my monitor but I'd like to see the blacks lifted a little, or just the blues, and the clouds aren't quite white

I love the way the light zig zags down through the frame!

May be just my monitor but I'd like to see the blacks lifted a little, or just the blues, and the clouds aren't quite white
Thank you Zulu42. I have noticed that on some devices, such as my iPad, images look darker than on my 7 year old Acer laptop. But I will go back and bring the blacks up some. I tried to tone down the clouds a bit because they were really bright, but perhaps I over did it. I'll take another look at those, too. I know there is plenty of room for improvement. I appreciate the feedback.

Thank you Zulu42. I have noticed that on some devices, such as my iPad, images look darker than on my 7 year old Acer laptop. But I will go back and bring the blacks up some. I tried to tone down the clouds a bit because they were really bright, but perhaps I over did it. I'll take another look at those, too. I know there is plenty of room for improvement. I appreciate the feedback.
I did an edit based on my comments above, and I have to admit it lacked the impact of your original post! So I have to disagree with myself now:angry:

Here's what I ended up with if you're interested. The clouds and highlights on the rocks I brought to the same level - with a few clipping highlights in the brightest areas. I won't even say I like it better than your OP- I thought 'wow' when I first saw your image.
rb-1.jpg

I did an edit based on my comments above, and I have to admit it lacked the impact of your original post! So I have to disagree with myself now:angry:

Here's what I ended up with if you're interested. The clouds and highlights on the rocks I brought to the same level - with a few clipping highlights in the brightest areas. I won't even say I like it better than your OP- I thought 'wow' when I first saw your image.
View attachment 254783
Thanks for the edit. Comparing the two images, I like your clouds better. I see I was a bit heavy handed there, so I’ll brighten them up some. I’ll play around with the black level, too. Thanks again.

I agree that those clouds zigzagging down through the scene really adds to the photo. Nicely seen.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back