Coffee Shop

Jaemie

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.jaemierobinson.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The phrase, "coffee shop," to me still means a small restaurant that serves basic American fare and drip coffee. Biscuits n gravy is on the menu, cappuccino isn't. I love the stainless fixtures, the shiny old Formica surfaces, and the old pastel mugs.

PUY Rose 4 800.png

I think you captured the essence of slow time at the coffee shop with the composition and lighting, but there are some flaws. The background blur seems to be the result of camera movement, and is either too blurry for comfortable viewing, or not blurry enough to create a "dreamy" feel. Pick one.

Also, you got the brightly-lit end of the counter on the right, and it has become a distraction. Be more careful about what all is included in the frame.

I think you captured the essence of slow time at the coffee shop with the composition and lighting, but there are some flaws. The background blur seems to be the result of camera movement, and is either too blurry for comfortable viewing, or not blurry enough to create a "dreamy" feel. Pick one.

Also, you got the brightly-lit end of the counter on the right, and it has become a distraction. Be more careful about what all is included in the frame.

Thank you for the comments and suggestions. Here are my thoughts:

1) The unusual blur is the result of shooting almost wide open through a window with a Venetian blind; the slats refracted the light in that manner. There was no camera movement. I rather like it, but it's good to hear what others think.

2) The bright greenish end of the counter can be a distraction to the table setting, but I think it serves as a way out of the image, an exit for the eye as it suggests a brighter part of the restaurant. Without it, I think this scene might feel claustrophobic.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back