Colombia March 2018

jaree2

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
My wife had a wonderful opportunity to visit Colombia again in March, and spent some time at El Dorado Bird Reserve in the Santa Marta range. The bird life was incredible, with an extensive list of endemic species - would highly recommend a visit to anyone with a mild interest in birds, the scenery and hospitality is enough to keep anyone content. Photo opportunities were ample, thought I'd share a few of my favorites from the trip -

Blue-Naped Chlorophonia

Colombia (80 of 169) by Jack Reese, on Flickr

Colombia (41 of 169) by Jack Reese, on Flickr

Violet-Crowned Woodnymph

Colombia (139 of 169) by Jack Reese, on Flickr

Collared Trogon

Colombia (117 of 169) by Jack Reese, on Flickr

Peaks of the Sierra Nevada

Colombia (14 of 169) by Jack Reese, on Flickr

Black Flowerpiercer

Colombia (49 of 169) by Jack Reese, on Flickr

Our last stop through Cartagena

Colombia (164 of 169) by Jack Reese, on Flickr

Thanks for looking!

Nice set! I thought the saturation might have been pushed a little on the woodnymph, but I hear the birds in South America are pretty saturated to begin with :)

Very nice I was in Colombia in August, I am very impressed with the Trogon.

PS on your flickr page you should put where you took your photos, they are quite good so it is interesting to see this.

Nice set! I thought the saturation might have been pushed a little on the woodnymph, but I hear the birds in South America are pretty saturated to begin with :)

Thanks! I'd have to look to be sure, but I think that one is relatively untouched - in the right light, they tend to do all the work for you!

Colombia (68 of 169) by Jack Reese, on Flickr

Thank you taking me on a trip to Colombia. Very enjoyable.

Thanks!

Very nice I was in Colombia in August, I am very impressed with the Trogon.

PS on your flickr page you should put where you took your photos, they are quite good so it is interesting to see this.

Thanks for the kind words - I'll have to work on that, I usually use it as a quick reference/link, but I'll work on adding location info.

Great set! They are all quite nice. :encouragement:

Beautiful birds!

Thanks for looking!

Most reactions

Back