Color cast in my bw photos

Thanks a lot. I have checked the monitor and its settings - its defenitely calibrated. Maybe its my eyes, haha (could be)

Sorry, but you don't understand what calibrating the monitor means.

You need special equipment for this.... not just fiddling with the tint control.

how do you know what I know? please stop guessing and assuming, it makes you look stupid.

monitors generally can't be well calibrated by inspection.
most people rely upon a hardware device to calibrate and ensure that the monitor is displaying representing the color the numbers of the file.

Its not a calibrated issue if its only affecting one photo.

how do you know what I know? please stop guessing and assuming, it makes you look stupid.

You make it obvious.

Thanks a lot. I have checked the monitor and its settings - its defenitely calibrated. Maybe its my eyes, haha (could be)

And since you never said you have used a proper calibration tool.......

Now, do you want help, or do you want to continue to insult those you ask help from?

Keep an eye out for colours around your monitor or that you are wearing that may be reflected in the screen, also be aware what room lighting/window lighting is in the room. I have found such things can throw a colour onto a monitor making it look as if the picture is toned.

There can be several reasons for your problem. All rely on the color management workflow, where calibrating the monitor is the first step.

In any case, if this topic is something new, I suggest you the following eBook, which gives you a crash course:
Color Management All About

In photoshop you can pull up a curves or levels adjustment and bring down the red and blue channel to see if that helps.

Most reactions

Back