What's new

Color vs. Black & White Chain

kayumanggisnapshot16

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Jun 25, 2026
Messages
124
Reaction score
142
Location
Okinawa Japan
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Post the same photo in two versions:

1) the color version
2) the black & white version

The next person replies to your post, says which version stands out more for them, and includes their own photo pair (same photo in color + B&W) in the same reply to keep the chain going.

(You should reply only to the latest post.)

Let’s have fun!

I will start the chain.

IMG_4728.webp
IMG_4728.webp
 
Last edited:
I rarely do SOOC b&w conversions. Color and b&w versions get edited for very different looks. Guess I see them not as different versions but as two distinct images altogether.
 
Last edited:
I rarely do SOOC b&w conversions. Color and b&w versions get edited for very different looks. Guess I see them not as different versions but as two distinct images altogether.
I get what you’re saying — when you edit color and B&W separately, they really do become two different interpretations of the same shot. A lot of us treat them that way too.

For this chain though, we’re simply pairing one photo shown in two forms, however you personally choose to process them. Edited color + edited B&W is totally fine. The “same photo” part just keeps the thread consistent, even if your two versions feel like distinct images in style.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom