Colorado Fall

The first two are really pretty, but I'm not sure what I'm looking at on the last one.

The first two really appeal to me as well: the composition of the first is so lovely, with the curving road leading one's eye into the shot, then my eye rises up to see the beautiful colours, and the hills off in the background. And I love the contrast of the sundappled orange leaves against the dark background in the second one, with the branch on a diagonal through the shot

The first two are really pretty, but I'm not sure what I'm looking at on the last one.

Thanks for the comments, I also like the first two. As to your question regarding the third image, here is one shot at 80mm as opposed to 140mm from the same location. I suppose these are more of a location snapshot.

Where the trees end is at the timberline of about 11,500 ft (3,500 mts) and I think the shot was taken from about 11,000 ft elevation. The colored patch is a large grove of Aspen seen from above. The Aspen have a shared root system so it could be that the similar colored patches are trees that are on the same root, or hopefully someone knows exactly why there are different colors. When I asked, I was told that how wet or dry the summer was can influence the color of the leaves, but these have different colors and they are all in the same micro-climate.

Where the trees end is at the timberline of about 11,500 ft (3,500 mts) and I think the shot was taken from about 11,000 ft elevation. The colored patch is a large grove of Aspen seen from above.

I suspected this was the case, but trees in the foreground were throwing me off, because it looked as if you were at a higher elevation then the background. Almost looks like a patchwork quilt on the valley

Love those first two shots and that's a nice aspen patch, I would love to have something like that close by.

Most reactions

Back