Colorado Street Bridge for C&C please

Desi

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here's a shot of the Colorado Street Bridge in Pasadena, California. It spans the Arroyo Seco near the Rose bowl. I don't usually shoot architectural subjects, but I hung out here long enough to get a few shots.

This one is pretty symmetric, but I feel the symmetry works. However, the center column appears slightly askew. I'm not sure how I feel about that.

The shot was taken in Hazy conditions in late afternoon with the sun behind the subject.

The conversion to B&W was in light-room. Increased black point and contrast and maximized the blue channel to darken the sky.

Your thoughts on the composition and processing?

Thanks

DSC_0696 by Javier Descalzi, on Flickr

Two more shots (I would have added them with the original post but I couldn't get them on Flikr for some reason....and my 3 year old was telling me to get off of the computer and in the car.

These are abstracts from under the bridge. These I find pleasing, but am at a loss as to being able to say why I like them.

DSC_0711 by Javier Descalzi, on Flickr

DSC_0708 by Javier Descalzi, on Flickr

Thanks for looking. I appreciate any comments you may have.

good!

Here's a shot of the Colorado Street Bridge in Pasadena, California. It spans the Arroyo Seco near the Rose bowl. I don't usually shoot architectural subjects, but I hung out here long enough to get a few shots.

This one is pretty symmetric, but I feel the symmetry works. However, the center column appears slightly askew. I'm not sure how I feel about that.

The shot was taken in Hazy conditions in late afternoon with the sun behind the subject.

The conversion to B&W was in light-room. Increased black point and contrast and maximized the blue channel to darken the sky.

Your thoughts on the composition and processing? Conversion looks pretty good!

Thanks

http://www.flickr.com/photos/68060707@N02/6994499951/
DSC_0696 by Javier Descalzi, on Flickr

I like it, but it does have some strange perspective skew.. plays with the eyes a bit! :)

Thanks Judith 57 and Charlie.

The bridge has a curve to it, curving towards the viewer as you go towards camera right. I've looked at it through a grid and the lines align well except towards the right edge. Makes me feel off balance (which I enjoy).

I liked the symmetry and contrast in the first image

Third would have been powerful if different partitions had different lighting...as such they are not desirably distinct

Regards :D

I liked the symmetry and contrast in the first image

Third would have been powerful if different partitions had different lighting...as such they are not desirably distinct

Regards :D

Thanks for your comments Frequency. I'll try a reshoot of #3 under different lighting conditions.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back