Comfy Strap for A7IV?

William Baroo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My Sony A7IV arrived. Looking at it, I realize I was nuts to consider the compact AC7II. Once I put a big fat lens on the camera, the size difference between the two bodies became insignificant.

The strap that comes with the A7IV is not great. Is there a particular brand people really like these days? My last strap was a fat foam job from a company called Op/Tech.

What's wrong with the OpTech that you have? I find them very comfortable.
I don't want to move one strap around among cameras. Also, I thought something new might have happened in the strap world since 2005.

Amazon reviews for the Op/Tech are still great, so I bought a second one.

It's all personal preference as there are a few very good manufacturer's out there. My personal preference is Peak Design: www.peakdesign.com

I have the Peak Design Slide and really like it.

The Sony strap that came with the camera is a torture device. In addition to being narrow with sharp sides so it cuts into your neck, it gets blistering hot after about 5 minutes in the sun.

The Op/Tech arrived. Should be fine. I got the camouflage version so when I approach subjects while carrying a gigantic black camera, they won't be able to see me.

The Sony strap that came with the camera is a torture device. In addition to being narrow with sharp sides so it cuts into your neck, it gets blistering hot after about 5 minutes in the sun.

The Op/Tech arrived. Should be fine. I got the camouflage version so when I approach subjects while carrying a gigantic black camera, they won't be able to see me.
Camo strap? Seriously?

You need this for true invisibility, bro! Hilarious...

Amazon product ASIN B08F1YKY7D

That ghillie suit is useless. It is clearly visible in the photo.

Peak design user here as well - I have the A7RV and it's quite comfortable with the 'Slide' model.

Another vote for Peak Design. Grab a couple extra anchor links for other bodies or the long (heavy) telephotos for quick change-up.

I did have a problem with the split rings that came with it but they are cheap enough to swap out.

I did not understand why people liked the Peak Design strap until I saw a video. I didn't realize it would put the camera at my waist, out of the way, and I didn't now how the connectors worked.

I ordered one. This thing is a thousand times as good as the Op/Tech. I can attach and detach stuff very quickly, it lets me adjust the length quickly so the camera is on my hip or in front of me, and it looks like it will last a very long time.

I have the PD Slide Lite. I really like it, however, it slowly over time as I shoot, lengthens by itself. Perhaps camera weight? Nikon D780, 24-120 f/4 lens. 🤔

I have a women's black rapid for the Canon. It has a curve. For my Fuji I picked up a padded stretchy type strap at the local camera shop.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back