Common Loon

rodbender

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Went looking for a Loon and chick to no avail but got this one.

Common Loon

Although I expected a picture of one of my former wives, this picture is quite nice.
Cropping it to this odd aspect ratio, when all you are including is more water, is detrimental. I think.

There does seem to be some sharpening halos.

$duckhalo.jpg

Loons are so cool.

Oops posted the wrong one

027-2

One of my favorite birds. I love the sound they make.

Very nice shot.

Although I expected a picture of one of my former wives, this picture is quite nice.
Cropping it to this odd aspect ratio, when all you are including is more water, is detrimental. I think.

View attachment 78680

I don't want to hijack, but maybe the OP wants to Know also . What exactly causes the sharpening haloes?

View attachment 78680

Was the second one better???

If you can see a white line along the border with the black areas, the halo, that's a symptom of oversharpening.

If you can see a white line along the border with the black areas, the halo, that's a symptom of oversharpening.

Second one is right out of the camera no PP

ok i'll give up camera for sale and everything thanks

ok i'll give up camera for sale and everything thanks
Lol, well it might just be a function of your camera settings and thus something fairly easy to address.

But you know photography really isn't a great choice of hobbies if you are the sort who is easily discouraged.

nope he's wrong was shot in RAW it was a saturation problem I just played with it in PP and now here is this better

026-3

Heres a crop of the head

026-4

I like these a lot.. Makes me want to get back out to photograph Loons. I have a few shots of Loons but I really want to get more in the early hours of the day on calmer waters..

$Loon.jpg

Most reactions

Back