What's new

Commuter Rail

manaheim

Jedi Bunnywabbit
Staff member
Supporting Member 📸
Joined
Sep 2, 2005
Messages
14,457
Reaction score
3,329
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Commuter%20Rail%20-%20Door.jpg


c/c welcome if desired.
 
My first reaction is that I wish the man was in focus. (Of course that's easy to say – you probably shot this handheld in low light, so a wide aperture was basically your only option.) Second reaction is that I'd like the left and right edges to be darker, as well as the whites on the "EXIT" sticker. Third reaction: I wish you were taller so the reflection of the line of lights would not overlap with the man's head :)

Overall reaction is that I like how you saw this scene and I like the shot. I think you need to try a re-shoot the next time you ride this commuter rail and hope for someone to stand where that man is standing.
 
Third reaction: I wish you were taller so the reflection of the line of lights would not overlap with the man's head :)

This was my own immediate reaction, or me wishing he had been standing so the light reflections sort of pointed at him (i.e. he right between them).
Those are fine details and as this was a spontaneous photo (so I assume), taken as in: scene seen, scene evaluated as photo-worthy, scene taken with what you had (low light, random and unsuspecting passenger, moving train), it is really nice.
 
If the two figures weren't in the shot, I'd still be looking and making up my own story to this image. It somewhat reminds me of what you get when you aim one tv camera into another's lens...kind of a doppleganger effect - it just goes on and on and on.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #5
My first reaction is that I wish the man was in focus. (Of course that's easy to say – you probably shot this handheld in low light, so a wide aperture was basically your only option.) Second reaction is that I'd like the left and right edges to be darker, as well as the whites on the "EXIT" sticker. Third reaction: I wish you were taller so the reflection of the line of lights would not overlap with the man's head :)

Overall reaction is that I like how you saw this scene and I like the shot. I think you need to try a re-shoot the next time you ride this commuter rail and hope for someone to stand where that man is standing.

This was my own immediate reaction, or me wishing he had been standing so the light reflections sort of pointed at him (i.e. he right between them).
Those are fine details and as this was a spontaneous photo (so I assume), taken as in: scene seen, scene evaluated as photo-worthy, scene taken with what you had (low light, random and unsuspecting passenger, moving train), it is really nice.

Yes. I posted this out of curiosity, and you two hit on EXACTLY what I WANTED from the image and the parts of the result I wasn't happy with.

I think I can stop down as I wasn't on my top end for ISO... But I'm also pretty close to the door, so that's a challenge.

The other issue I have is I want a crowd of people on the opposing window, but everyone wants to get n front of me so the can be the first off the train... Creates a complexity because I'm going to have to see if I can get people to stand back.

The other interesting problem is the windows are really dirty, so I'm not sure if I'll ever really get a good shot of the people, and the impression of them might wind up being the better choice. Still... I've got some room to play... And I ride the train daily, so I'll plug away at it. :)

Thanks for the comments... If nothing else, I see that I at least wasn't totally off in thinking it would be an interesting shot.

If the two figures weren't in the shot, I'd still be looking and making up my own story to this image. It somewhat reminds me of what you get when you aim one tv camera into another's lens...kind of a doppleganger effect - it just goes on and on and on.

yes! I loved the stacked windows effect. Glad you saw that too!
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #6
This was my own immediate reaction, or me wishing he had been standing so the light reflections sort of pointed at him (i.e. he right between them).
Those are fine details and as this was a spontaneous photo (so I assume), taken as in: scene seen, scene evaluated as photo-worthy, scene taken with what you had (low light, random and unsuspecting passenger, moving train), it is really nice.

Yeah.... Well... I'm stumpy. Lol
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom