www.christwine.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Taken with Nikon 300mm F4 + 2x TC
F8
ISO 1000
Handheld

comorantbirdcatch.jpg

This is so nice and it's shiny eye really shines! It looks green here, but usually I find (when I see them "in person", i.e. with my eyes) they are more blue. Does anyone know what colour cormorant eyes really are???

And isn't funny how this one seems to go under loaded with his heavy breakfast as he is?

So you took these after you had taken that photo of the morning moon?

No this pic I took today, the moon pic was from about a month back - just never got round to posting it :)

There eyes always seem greenish to me, I will look properly next time to make sure...

Thx for commenting

By the way, I sent my son a link to this very thread so he could look at this photo, too. He likes angling for his hobby, and therefore does not really too much like the cormorants, since anglers and cormorants are in "fierce competition". So I told him I'd send him a link to a photo of "his enemy at breakfast". He wrote back that despite any "enmity" between anglers and cormorants he thought this was "a very good photo", after all! So there! Another fan! :D

Nice shot! ...or shoud I say, nice catch!?! :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

... Does anyone know what colour cormorant eyes really are???...
Looks like they are blue:

http://www.antarcticconnection.com/antarctic/wildlife/birds/cormorants.shtml
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Blue-eyed shags are characterized by a vivid blue eye color and an orange/yellow growth at the base of their beaks that becomes particularly large and bright during the breeding season. They have a white-breast, a black back and largely white cheeks and neck. The bill is dark brown and the feet pink.[/FONT]

Really captured the moment. Incredible

great shot. what lens and how far from the bird where you, if you had to guess? thx for sharing.

thx Greg, taken with the 300mm F4 with a 1.4 tele so a 420mm lens on a crop sensor D200.

A few metres from the bird I guess.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back