Computer will not stay logged into site (not browser)

MOREGONE

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So for the last few weeks, my browsers(s) will not allow me to stay logged into websites. Originally I thought it was some issues with Chrome profile I could explain but don't I have ruled that so I'll save typing that up.

It acts as if I don't have cookies enabled but I certainly do. For example with TPF. Login go to check PM, sign in screen comes again, login, takes me to inbox, click message, back to login screen. Same with Amazon and other sites. Add to Cart, please login, login, click purchase, please login and so on. Facebook always stays logged in though.

I have uninstalled and re installed chrome. No luck. Uninstalled chrome and installed Chrome beta. No luck. On to Firefox, same issue.

I don't run any malware/virus scanners. I turned off AdBlock to see if that was it and it's not even on Firefox install or any plugins.

Could this be a modem router issue? I have had this router modem combo for only about 3 weeks or so. I've hard reset it, no luck.

Really scratching my head on this.

Have you cleared your cache/deleted cookies?

That is initially where I started. Clear cache and cookies. But I have not done it in Firefox. With chrome, I went as far as to delete the entire Chrome folders before reinstalling the next instance of it.

I'm running Chrome as a primary browser on two different PCs, one with Windows 8 (home), the other with Windows 7 (work) and both are keeping me logged in. Both are running AdBlock, anti-virus, etc.

I'm running Chrome as a primary browser on two different PCs, one with Windows 8 (home), the other with Windows 7 (work) and both are keeping me logged in. Both are running AdBlock, anti-virus, etc.

Yeah I used to be also. So the Chrome thing I mentioned... On my work PC I installed Chrome without Admin privileges and used my login to sync bookmarks, extensions etc. Then one day work got the bright idea to install Chrome on all PC's without the ability to login. So for awhile I had some issues with Chrome on my work PC trying to load my profile when my work stripped the ability to login and actually used an older version of the software.

Seemingly this is when my problems started. I was able to clear the traces of my once profile on my work PC and have no more issues at work. I did all I could address the issue on my home PC but now that Firefox is having the same problem, I no longer think it is chrome related.

I don't think it's browser, either - I'm on Firefox (v32) now and didn't have to log in (Win 8). Firefox options are pretty much default except start page and a few other things, but nothing that would affect the auto-login.

Yeah I am going to be running virus scans when I get home. Sadly I was hoping there was something I was missing. Grrrrrr...

Well it was the router. Logged in and the firewall was setup to block cookies. Go figure. Uncheck and life is back to normal

Strange. Some kind of power hit reset it, maybe?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back