Cool images to comment.

NikonDude

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well cool to me anyway. This is stuff quite a few point and shoots can't do.

I used high-speed burst, and it's not extremely fast, so you must hope it times itself just right to achieve the desired time.

1. This is a lighter right when it ignites and the spark ignites the gas, you can see the individual sparks.
IMG_0313.jpg

2. This is a halogen bulb right before it illuminates.
IMG_0198.jpg

The second shot just isn't interesting to me........ at all! ;) Still, nice way using your continuous burst mode.

The first shot, however, I like the idea behind it! With a high enough shutter speed you could get some nice fireyness action. However, yours is way overexposed and all detail is basically lost. Use a faster shutter speed, and you may get some awesome shots. Also, try and get a clean background.

edit: just checked your exif in #1:

1/20th
ISO-1600
f/2.8

Is this correct? If it is, I'd re-shoot when there is more light available for your to get a faster (much faster) shutter speed.

Last edited:
The second shot just isn't interesting to me........ at all! ;) Still, nice way using your continuous burst mode.

The first shot, however, I like the idea behind it! With a high enough shutter speed you could get some nice fireyness action. However, yours is way overexposed and all detail is basically lost. Use a faster shutter speed, and you may get some awesome shots. Also, try and get a clean background.

edit: just checked your exif in #1:

1/20th
ISO-1600
f/2.8

Is this correct? If it is, I'd re-shoot when there is more light available for your to get a faster (much faster) shutter speed.

There is no way to adjust the shutter speed in burst mode. There is no way to change the shutter speed manually either.

Ohh, you're using a PS camera. Sorry, my bad, I misunderstood! You should see if you could drop the exposure on #1 somehow, it would be neat, I think.

I find it odd that my $109 Canon Powershot that I had 3 years ago had adjustable shutter speed, but this $170 Canon ELPH does not.

Photoes said:
I find it odd that my $109 Canon Powershot that I had 3 years ago had adjustable shutter speed, but this $170 Canon ELPH does not.

A lot of p&s cameras don't have a manual mode...

Wow i really like the lighter! I might have to try something like this myself =]

Your photos are way too overexposed and overall detract from the value. They're also completely devoid of colour, but I like how you're looking for shots other people generally wouldn't think of.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back