Saravin

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.countryphoto.proboards.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
DSC_0003-5.jpg

nice shot but looks soft... focus is off a little. If the subject is the bee... needs to be larger. If the subject is the flower (with the bee as an accessory).. then try putting the flower off center (look up "Rule of Thirds"). Exposure looks pretty good.. no burned out areas on the white flower.. just needs better focus.. maybe stop down a little more to increase DOF.. but not so much as to bring background into focus. Background is nicely soft! Maybe not leave so much negative space around the flower.. crop tighter, :)

I guess the subject was the flower since you named the tittle of the photo after it. As cgipson said it's out of focus a little... But I like anything with a hoverfly (flower fly) in it.

I see that you used photobucket to upload the pic. Every time I did that my images became soft and looked out of focus. It could be the same case with this image. Otherwise the exposure is spot on and the composition can be fixed with a simple crop. Play around with it some.

By default, Photobucket will automatically resize your images to the constraints that you've set in the uploader options. For free accounts, there's a 1 MB file size limit. Rather than reject your upload, it resizes it down to something that fits the limit.

I see that you used photobucket to upload the pic. Every time I did that my images became soft and looked out of focus. It could be the same case with this image. Otherwise the exposure is spot on and the composition can be fixed with a simple crop. Play around with it some.

What other site can you reccommend instead of Photobucket ?

Photobucket does fine for me... just resize your images to the size and quality you want to post before you upload them to PB. If you upload larger images, they compress them very badly!

Flkr

Most reactions

Back