Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Manual
1/160
f/6.3
ISO 400
50mm

3553954270_d2b41e7a38_o.jpg

The way this photo presents itself just now, I feel it is not quite as "grabbing" as you sure hoped it would be. It looks a bit boring. Though that might be EXACTLY what you went for, showing us a form of housing that you do, indeed, take as "boring" in style and therefore want to express just that in your photo?

I did a bit of a "scroll-crop" (by scrolling slowly until all the blown sky was gone), and I think I like it even better. OK, the chimney is then also gone ... but I take that as "the lesser evil" as opposed to the bright sky...

Buildings are tough... sometimes if you don't get the full building in the shot, you wind up having to zoom in on interesting details and kind of forget the building as a building at all.

Patterns are good, and there is some of that here, and with variance, but it didn't grab... and I think the overexposed sky isn't helping you a ton, which is unfortunate.

It's a cool subject, so you have a good eye. Now the trick is looking for interesting angles, patterns and light that make an interesting photograph as well. If it's local, go back and shoot it again. (and again and again if necessary) :) I do this a lot. You should see how many pictures I have of the SAME BOSTON SKYLINE. *headdesk* :lol:

Thanks for sharing.

Oh btw, a graduated neutral density filter would allow you to darken that sky a bit.

Thanks for the feedback, I'm definitely going to shoot this again. These cottages are my neighbours, so are just outside my house. Maybe try some different angles, the position of the woods (where i was standing) restricts me from getting the whole "buildings" in view.

The thing with the sky is, that's what it looked like :S (if that made sense?), it's been an overcast day, and the sky is perfectly white, no gaps in clouds, no grey areas. So i think i will shoot it on more dramatic day when there are darker clouds with varying colours in the sky because i don't think a plain blue sky will come across well in a black and white photo.

Again thanks for the feedback :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back