Couldn't sleep | Photo Trip | Nice surprise

sscarmack

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Usually I do not have any problems sleeping. I'm an early bird, so I'm in bed by 10pm and up usually by 630am.

Well today I woke up at like 5am for no apparent reason. The dogs were out cold snoring, the fiancé was dreaming of chasing squirrels....wait I think that was suppose to be the other way around? (Love you fiancé :) )

I was really thirsty for some reason, and I was kind of hot. So it was either getting out of bed to quench my thirst or sit there and think about it for the next hour or so until I fell back asleep.

As most people would, they'd get up, get a drink and go back to bed. I can't. Once I'm up, I'm up for good. Theres no going back to bed.

So I decided since I was up and actually beat the sun up, I would try and take advantage of it and see if I could photograph a nice sunrise. Cool, challenge accepted.

I got everything packed up and loaded.

Camera, check.
Tripod, check.
24-70, check.
Filters, check.
Remote shutter, check.
Glock19, check and check.

I then decided to head to a new spot and see what I could find and I used this app to help track the suns rotation and times. Helped out a lot.

Well anyways. I get into place and this is what I came home with. I'm not sure if I like them yet or not, this stuff that bothers me in all of them.

What I learned from this though, is holy cow is my sensor dirty. Its terrible. I was shooting at a little higher f stop and man did those spots just start popping everywhere.

1. 6:15am
14754416220_cb8cc30b18_c.jpg

2. 6:21am
14754533807_123a1fe47b_c.jpg

3. 6:47am
14754410629_70a0126995_c.jpg

I stuck around until the sun fully came up and just enjoyed the view. Something I haven't done in a long time.

Fish were jumping everywhere, it was obviously a really chilly morning and fog was killer.

So I went back to my car and decided to check one more spot before I headed home and boy was I excited.

I got my first Osprey photo WORTH sharing haha (I'm not coastalconn or anything, but I was really excited for me)

14918091076_aeaf9fc14e_c.jpg

14918097126_233f060b9e_c.jpg

LOVE the colors on the second image. Looks like a nice morning--sweet deal dude.

I like the look of #'s 1 & 2 the best for the sunrise. Congrats on the bird shot!

These are really beautiful. Congrats on the osprey shot! Very nice. I still don't have one worth sharing.

Love number 3. Has a warm dreamy look to it.

Very nice images. You're demonstrating the truism that I know: the best images (usually) come at the most inconvenient times.

Thanks everyone!

However I didn't get up to 930 today hahahah.

Woke up at 6 and it was pouring rain so I went back to bed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You spent your early morning very nicely S :thumbup:

I knew I'm going to smile in your thread...

Now, lose that one M!

;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back