Photos OK to edit
1#
P3090403.jpg

2#
P3080395.jpg

3#
P3080396-1.jpg

P3080385.jpg

first 3 are neat shots, but they all seem overexposed...highlights are really blown out

first 3 are neat shots, but they all seem overexposed...highlights are really blown out

I don't much know how to fix that, I don't really have a GOOD editing program, have tryed the old psp I have and I don't seem to beable to make it them better.. This is pretty much new to me...new camera and all. seems everything I post is whacked out one way or the other...

Bob

when highlights clip like that, you lose information/detail. as such,you can't really fix blown-out highlights.

the picture needs to be taken correctly with the camera to avoid this. even if it means underexposing the rest of the scene, you can fix that in post-processing.

it honestly looks like you have exposure compensation on your camera cranked up really high. or you're shooting in manual mode and aren't too sure what you're doing....

when highlights clip like that, you lose information/detail. as such,you can't really fix blown-out highlights.

the picture needs to be taken correctly with the camera to avoid this. even if it means underexposing the rest of the scene, you can fix that in post-processing.

it honestly looks like you have exposure compensation on your camera cranked up really high. or you're shooting in manual mode and aren't too sure what you're doing....
I have actually been shooting in the cameras scene modes, I think those shots were taken in the scene mode of HIGH KEY which says in discribtion, Enhances bright areas for impressive picture, I think in all the scene modes my ISO is set to auto, any ideals for my outdoor photo taking, as which scene mode or whatever would be great...
Bob

I have actually been shooting in the cameras scene modes, I think those shots were taken in the scene mode of HIGH KEY which says in discribtion, Enhances bright areas for impressive picture, I think in all the scene modes my ISO is set to auto, any ideals for my outdoor photo taking, as which scene mode or whatever would be great...
Bob
DOH!
well no wonder everything's blown out. i would shoot normally for now on. any effects or styles you can create in post-processing. if you do it in-camera and it looks bad, then you've ruined the picture. high key only looks right for certain pictures

DOH!
well no wonder everything's blown out. i would shoot normally for now on. any effects or styles you can create in post-processing. if you do it in-camera and it looks bad, then you've ruined the picture. high key only looks right for certain pictures
I was trying out the scene features because it seemed on the auto setting the flash wanted to go all the time... Which is a weird kinda of flash most of the time, it is a help the cam focus kind of flash, it goes for like 4 or 5 seconds in short bursts.. I will someday get used to it maybe..
Thanks
Bob

Some play,bored shots......
P3130466.jpg

P3130469.jpg

How do those look??

While the last two are not quite as interesting in their choice of subject (typical "let's-photograph-something-ANYthing-really-just-to-use-the-camera"-subjects), exposure looks a lot better than it does in all four of the first set.

I don't know if your camera offers you the option of "exposure compensation". If it does, and given the fact that you overexposed all your outdoor pics before, I'd suggest you set it to -0.7 or so, so your camera will automatically UNDERexpose a little. It is fairly easy to bring back some lacking highlights in post processing, but next to impossible to bring back information which is no longer there, such as in totally blown out highlights...

it looks like the first set was taken mid-day on a sunny day. It's very hard to get good exposure under those conditions. Very bright and harsh light as you can see with the blown out areas

it looks like the first set was taken mid-day on a sunny day. It's very hard to get good exposure under those conditions. Very bright and harsh light as you can see with the blown out areas

It was like 2pm I think, just out for a ride in the country...thanks for the imput..
Bob

Most reactions

Back