TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
$DSC04975.jpg

$DSC05010.jpg

$DSC04942.jpg

Hi Lee
I took a closer look and it isn't really a halo it is CA that I was seeing, I did a quick LR edit. Let me know what you think.

Attachments

• $DSC05010-2.jpg
    $DSC05010-2.jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 76
Hi Lee
I took a closer look and it isn't really a halo it is CA that I was seeing, I did a quick LR edit. Let me know what you think.

Bill:
You are right! I really had to pixel peep to see the CA in my version, but it is there. I suppose resizing tends to exacerbate CA a bit too? I redid one of the others, so let me know what you think. I really wonder about my monitor -- it doesn't seem like I should have to so deeply pixel peep to pick up on the CA. It does not even have a manual brightness/contrast controls. I calibrated the best I could using Windows, but I suspect that doesn't help much. Lee

$DSC04975b.jpg

Much better, but still a little heavy on the contrast to my eye. But that is personal taste.

Much better, but still a little heavy on the contrast to my eye. But that is personal taste.

I like the contrast, but there is no doubt I prefer high contrast/vivid pix. :wink:

Thanks for pointing the CA out, Bill. I guess I'll have to add a pixel peep (PP) to my PP! Lee

Just be careful pixel peeping, it is easy to get carried away and think something is bad when it really is good :thumbup:

Nice timing Lee and love the colours on these Swallows.

The repost is not quite as warm and could have a little more blue compared to the original. Bill's done a good job there and there is a little CA. If you have issues with CA and the corrections in software, try pulling back on the purple or magenta sliders.

Still darn good in flight shots of these fast little movers. I love them.

Danny.

Nice timing Lee and love the colours on these Swallows.

The repost is not quite as warm and could have a little more blue compared to the original. Bill's done a good job there and there is a little CA. If you have issues with CA and the corrections in software, try pulling back on the purple or magenta sliders.

Still darn good in flight shots of these fast little movers. I love them.

Danny.

Just be careful pixel peeping, it is easy to get carried away and think something is bad when it really is good :thumbup:

Thanks Bill & Danny. The CA I was seeing appeared to be blue so perhaps I cranked it down too much. Next time I'm over at a friends house with an upscale Apple, I'm going to pull up these shots on his monitor -- I'm still not sure I'm seeing what I need to with this Dell. Lee

That's a good idea Lee. Does he have LR ?

I did ask him at one time, but I've forgotten :) Do have LR Lee ?? I think we did go over a few things at one stage awhile back.

CA we can get from the legacy lenses sometimes, the only time I never get it is with lenses that have a fluorite front element. I do get slight CA from the FD 800 F/5.6L, that doesn't have that element. The 300 and 500 do, those are CA free. So what I do with the 800mm is slide those magenta or purple sliders back. Green and blue CA is a bit harder to deal with Lee, problem is a lot of our shots have blue or green in them and that effects those colours if we slide back on green or blue. Its tricky with those colours and CA.

All the best Lee and nice shooting, that's for sure.

Danny.

PS: BTW, what lens is this one Lee ??

I did ask him at one time, but I've forgotten :) Do have LR Lee ?? I think we did go over a few things at one stage awhile back.

CA we can get from the legacy lenses sometimes, the only time I never get it is with lenses that have a fluorite front element. I do get slight CA from the FD 800 F/5.6L, that doesn't have that element. The 300 and 500 do, those are CA free. So what I do with the 800mm is slide those magenta or purple sliders back. Green and blue CA is a bit harder to deal with Lee, problem is a lot of our shots have blue or green in them and that effects those colours if we slide back on green or blue. Its tricky with those colours and CA.

All the best Lee and nice shooting, that's for sure.

Danny.

PS: BTW, what lens is this one Lee ??

These were taken with the SEL55-210/1.7TC. I checked some other images and didn't see any CA. The swallows had to be shot at ISO 800 and the lighting wasn't the best so perhaps that is what caused the CA. I am using PSE 11 and perhaps it is time to upgrade to LR5 which I'm sure has better capability in editing, especially RAW. Lee

LR has a nice easy adjustment for CA, one checkbox then click on the ca and you're done.

Most reactions

Back