7:
If not he is now :D
DSC_5114.jpg

8:
DSC_5158.jpg

9:
Finger tips!
DSC_5081.jpg

Just can't get the umpires these days can you.

I'd say with any pace on the ball six would have sailed over the stumps. 7 is shocking though.

What lens do you use? I've been out here at the college ground and i'd be cropping like a mad man to get anything like this.

like 3 and 8. think you show the shot really well. Overall great stuff. It's not easy.

Thanks for the comments, I used a Nikkor 70-200 f/2.8 for these. Helped that they were playing on a wicket not too far away. There are slight crops on the action around the stumps but the catch is a heavy crop as it was quite a distance but liked the shot so posted it.

Cool shots, just wish I knew more about the game.:er:

Nice shots. I like it when you catch someone in the air like 1 & 9 and still have a clean shot.

How do you play? (Don't have to answer that)

What are those things that flew off in picture 7?

Nice pictures! Looks similar to baseball?

If you're interested here's a bit on the rules:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cricket

If not, I wouldn't blame you its a complicated game :D

The things that are flying off are the bails, if they are knocked off by the ball when bowled or when the batsman is out of his ground when the ball is live then the batsman is out. Clear as mud!!!

Thanks for the comments :D

Great shots. They have good color, and you really did a great job of shooting just at the right moment to capture the action and motion.

I read about the rules of cricket a while back, but without being able to watch it, I really have forgotten most of it. It seems a lot like baseball, if you really think about it, with the outs, 9 players, the outfield, stuff like that. There's definitely SOME sort of similarities.

One of these photos makes the ball look like its about to hit the batter. What happens if he does get hit (you get to take a base in baseball).

If the ball hits the batsmen and it would have hit the stumps, the long bits of wood behind him then he is out. Generally there is no penalty for hitting the batsmen, there is a limit to 'bouncers' in an over. A bouncer is a ball bowled to generally get to the batsmen at around neck to chest height. If if hits him on the head, then so be it with no penalty to the fielding side.

Most reactions

Back