Critique My Stuff

BoxPhotographer

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Pano2.jpg

FestivalTheater1Watermark2copy.jpg

1 More to come, waiting for it to upload.

I like the 2 presently posted I can't find anything technical to pick at but I am new to all this.

3 is a bit underexposed but it seems like if your subject the tree and leaves were to be exposed properly the sky would be blown out so kind of hard situation try and bump the exposure in pp. I Don't like the big watermark on it either but composition wise not too bad.
tj

I like #2 the best; cool colors in the sky. #1 I'm not sure, i want to look down that trail, maybe getting a little lower to the ground? Are those walkway lights really red?

I share the same thoughts as GeneralBenson. They all seem a bit underexposed. And the second one seems to have a soft focus to it. You also may want to make your watermark slightly smaller so it is less intrusive.

Other than that, the composition is nice. Keep it up.

Giving a bit more info, thoughts behind the photos, settings and so on would always help, and make a post more interesting. It takes time to give decent CC, as Noyze hinted, we are not robots here for your bidding.

#1 Too underexposed for my taste. While the reflection is nice in the water, I dont like the addition of the bench and pathway. Maybe during the day this might work well, where colours would be more appealing. There is a lack of a focus point in the image. I also find the sky is blown out and not too interesting.
I'm also not a fan of how the top of the trees were cut, makes the photo seem rushed and more snapshotish

#2 Better photo than the first, I like the low part of the sky, nice colour there. The composition is decent. There is a cement block with some plants in it in the lower right that I dont like. I know, cant really move it, but a change in position to try and eliminate it and also remove some of the foreground that is also not interesting.
Getting up close to that window and have it fill the frame more, keeping the same line and reflection might work. And again, a bit under exposed

#3 Under exposed again. Might want to check how you are taking the images, exposure and so on to get a better exposed image. Nice use of the branch to make something interesting, but I'd prefer seeing the leaf in the image and not cut like you did. More saturated colours and shot during the day using the sun light possibly going through the leaf might work here.

Underexposed, but the angles are welldone

Most reactions

Back