Critique Please

photonoir

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I would be interested in a critique.

http://www.alexanderhogan.com

You want to click the "portfolio" button in the upper-right hand corner. I've already gotten comments about the site front page, I'm more interested in commentary on the photos.

I think you should post one picture at a time for critique. Which ever one you feel you need help with?
Cosmo

Photographs look fine to me but whats with these women and tattoos, its bad enough when you see a bloke like that, I always think people should have their mental state monitored when they try to hide behind these scars. H

The shot on the main page made me think that your site showcased physically handicapped people. It looks like she has a little bit of a malformed arm poking out on her right side. The term "flipper baby" comes to mind. Of course, I looked in the portfolio, and she obviously has normal arms, but it might not be the best photo for your main page.

I agree with aquarium, although I didn't thik the "flipper baby" thing. Regarding your portfolio I would recomend you to divide your photos into areas, so when looking at them you can see you not only do portraits but landscapes, etc.

By the way I loved the tattoed blonde, although the photo taken from the back doesn't have the same effect. Did you saturate it in photoshop?

Photographs look fine to me but whats with these women and tattoos, its bad enough when you see a bloke like that, I always think people should have their mental state monitored when they try to hide behind these scars. H

Let's keep the discussion about photography please and not a commentary on the people photographed... and try not to be so sexist.. Men get a tattoo and its art, women do and its "hiding scars"?

Grow up!

I thought the photography was really professional, but I'm not sure what photonoir wants a critique on. Shouldn't this thread be in "photography websites"?

The portraits are good.

But every shot that involved the ocean had a crooked horizon. Very amateurish mistake for someone that is so good at portraiture.

You have some really nice stuff there, but I agree that it's hard to rate the pictures in an overall way. Some a flat out great, IMO, while others are busy.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back