What's new

Crosses and prayer beads

Tomislav

TPF Noob!
Joined
Oct 7, 2012
Messages
23
Reaction score
9
Location
Rovinj
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
8068007087_fd78f9c2c8_b.jpg


8067988546_cd3977548f_o.jpg



8068025437_dda3dcc5e1_o.jpg



8068027299_e62bd73a68_o.jpg
 
Beautiful set. I'm particularly intrigued by #4 – great eye! I wonder how this one would look in a square crop (not that there's anything wrong with this version).

Welcome to the forum, by the way.
 
i think #1 is the strongest by far, the others are a little too abstract perhaps for my liking, but great shots!
 
Nice set - with a background in church work, I am drawn to iconography. Nice geometry on 2 and 4. I really like the beads and the 'human contact' in 1. Depending on what you are trying to communicate, #3 made me really uncomfortable. It's a different perspective, but you have also now created an upside down cross which is now, rather than a Christian symbol, a symbol of the Satanic church.
 
No need to stretch it that far, I wasn't even thinking about it until you brought it up :) I was just trying to create an interesting shot, I'm obsessively critical of my work, nothing I do satisfy me, so I was circling around that cross and trying to get that one shot that made me go "hm...now this is nice".

The last one was it, I like how it turned out.
 
To see a different style is always pleasing; i really liked the lighting in all of them. I am not sure which i should appreciate more. Christ image is great- but that can be any body's find; but others are which a creative eye can find :D
 
Thanks man! I like the way you broke it down with "anybodys find vs creative eye", never looked at things that way :)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom