Curious Robin...An HDR by NJ

NJ thanks for all the great info... If I have any more questions I'll let you know. Yeah I have always been partial to tifs after raw and jpg for the net only.

Again thanks... hope to test this out real soon!

The colors pop, the HDR was done with class, and isn't overpowering like the majority of HDR's, the DOF looks nice (although it looks fake how shallow the background is, which I assume was post), and the subject is isolated from the background nicely (albeit done by fake shallow DOF). Though the photograph is beautiful in these areas, I think the only thing that severely injures it is the composition. This is only my opinion, but when an object is not either bulls-eye center, in one of the corners, composed centrally with good symmetry of surroundings, or some other extenuating circumstances, it appears to be somewhat novice. Don't take this the wrong way, as I am not saying that this photograph is novice, because it is obvious that it was taken by a skilled photographer, but to me, I think if the bird were located less centrally in the composition it would be improved upon heaps.

I know that this may seem like a harsh review, but I just wanted to give one that was thorough.

The colors pop, the HDR was done with class, and isn't overpowering like the majority of HDR's, the DOF looks nice (although it looks fake how shallow the background is, which I assume was post), and the subject is isolated from the background nicely (albeit done by fake shallow DOF). Though the photograph is beautiful in these areas, I think the only thing that severely injures it is the composition. This is only my opinion, but when an object is not either bulls-eye center, in one of the corners, composed centrally with good symmetry of surroundings, or some other extenuating circumstances, it appears to be somewhat novice. Don't take this the wrong way, as I am not saying that this photograph is novice, because it is obvious that it was taken by a skilled photographer, but to me, I think if the bird were located less centrally in the composition it would be improved upon heaps.

I know that this may seem like a harsh review, but I just wanted to give one that was thorough.

Hi Matthew,
I do appreciate the detailed critique. You obviously took some time to do so, and that is worth its weight in gold. I know exactly what you are saying, and I certainly don't take it as harsh in the least. There was some natural DOF to begin with, but I did apply some gaussian blur to the background in post processing for effect. Thank you very much for your opinion and compliments. :)

NJ

Most reactions

New Topics

Back