Cutler's Bold Coast | Snow-Shoe | Lots of Images

D-B-J

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here's a large image dump from this weekends hike on Cutler's Bold Coast. I think out of all of the places I've hiked in Downeast Maine, this is easily my favorite. The bluffs are stunning. The waves are STRONG, as is the wind, but it's always worth it. We arrived in the late morning, snow-shoed the two miles out to the bluffs, I photographed for a bit, Mike made a pot of french press, I photographed some more, and then a snow-squall came in and drove us back into the woods.

First Composition:
_DSC0005 by f_one_eight, on Flickr

First series of images--sadly there were only grey skies to be seen, so I focused more on the rocks and water than the sky...

_RSP0450 by f_one_eight, on Flickr

French Press:
_RSP0484 by f_one_eight, on Flickr

My friends and faithful hiking companions:
_RSP0493 by f_one_eight, on Flickr

Second composition..I couldn't get over how beautifully green the water was, and how strong the waves were. On some spots in the shore, I think the height between lowest water (right before the surge) and the wave was close to 15-20 feet. I kept thinking how horrid and crushing it'd be to get stuck against the shore in those waves...
_RSP0532 by f_one_eight, on Flickr

The squall rolled in quickly, and you can see it approaching in the above image. Shortly after I took it I looked up and thought "oh crap! Time to pack up and scramble the 65 feet back up to the top!"
_RSP0548 by f_one_eight, on Flickr

And the wind was blowing something fierce, making the snow seem less intense than it actually was.
_RSP0543 by f_one_eight, on Flickr

It was a wonderful afternoon, and I live for days like these. I wish I could spend more time photographing nature, getting lost in the woods or on the shore...

Cheers!
Jake

Awesome set!

That area is amazing! I'm hoping to get up there to shoot at night this year

Here's a large image dump from this weekends hike on Cutler's Bold Coast. I think out of all of the places I've hiked in Downeast Maine, this is easily my favorite. The bluffs are stunning. The waves are STRONG, as is the wind, but it's always worth it. We arrived in the late morning, snow-shoed the two miles out to the bluffs, I photographed for a bit, Mike made a pot of french press, I photographed some more, and then a snow-squall came in and drove us back into the woods.

First Composition:
_DSC0005 by f_one_eight, on Flickr

First series of images--sadly there were only grey skies to be seen, so I focused more on the rocks and water than the sky...

_RSP0450 by f_one_eight, on Flickr

French Press:
_RSP0484 by f_one_eight, on Flickr

My friends and faithful hiking companions:
_RSP0493 by f_one_eight, on Flickr

Second composition..I couldn't get over how beautifully green the water was, and how strong the waves were. On some spots in the shore, I think the height between lowest water (right before the surge) and the wave was close to 15-20 feet. I kept thinking how horrid and crushing it'd be to get stuck against the shore in those waves...
_RSP0532 by f_one_eight, on Flickr

The squall rolled in quickly, and you can see it approaching in the above image. Shortly after I took it I looked up and thought "oh crap! Time to pack up and scramble the 65 feet back up to the top!"
_RSP0548 by f_one_eight, on Flickr

And the wind was blowing something fierce, making the snow seem less intense than it actually was.
_RSP0543 by f_one_eight, on Flickr

It was a wonderful afternoon, and I live for days like these. I wish I could spend more time photographing nature, getting lost in the woods or on the shore...

Cheers!
Jake

Awesome trip man, and great friends to boot. A place I'd love to shoot someday. Let me know next time you're in California and we'll make a trip out to Davenport!

If and when you do, let's meet up! I know a ton of locations there for astro work. Out of all the places I've hiked, this is likely one of the darkest. There's also west Quoddy head up in Eastport that has some nice and dark skies, but there's a bit of light pollution from Eastport and Calais.

Jake

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If and when you do, let's meet up! I know a ton of locations there for astro work. Out of all the places I've hiked, this is likely one of the darkest. There's also west Quoddy head up in Eastport that has some nice and dark skies, but there's a bit of light pollution from Eastport and Calais.

Jake

I'm hoping I have time between doing workshops and everything I have planned, cause its amazing up there. A few of my buddies went up there for 5 days last year and its just amazingly dark

Jake

I'm hoping I have time between doing workshops and everything I have planned, cause its amazing up there. A few of my buddies went up there for 5 days last year and its just amazingly dark

I'm sure you can make it work [emoji106]

[emoji106]

Most reactions

Back