D300 and 18-200: DUST!!!

Val

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ive got D300 about 2 weeks ago. I made around 3500 shots. During that time i managed to get dust EVERYWHERE :x

Camera:
- viewfinder
- BEHIND lcd glass

Lens:
- INSIDE on the second glass from top and on lower glass as well

FFS this is supposed to be weather and dust proof :confused: and i did handle it with reasonable care. How am i supposed to get rid of it?

PS forgot to mention - sensor is perfectly clean though :confused:

Use a poofer.

Is there dust on the pictures or have any of your parts failed yet? No? There you go, weather and dust proof, which is exactly what it's meant to do.

How did you get dust behind your LCD glass even with a protective cover on it... I've had my D200 for 1.5 years now and was snapping during dust storms twice and I've never gotten dust in there.

Oh and the 18-200 is not a dust proof lens. Quite in the contrary it has rather poor build quality. But it doesn't matter so much. Unless the dust is really bad most of the light is scattered around it anyway.

When i get back home (in about a month) ill vacum the camera and lens and report to you guys how it went :D

You have taken a photo every 6 seconds for two weeks?

No, i dont think so ;)

Err. Be very very careful with the vacuum cleaner. It is highly NOT recommended to put a vacuum cleaner near the camera. Especially not on the back of lenses or inside the lens mounting.

A blower bulb and brush should be your roughest attack on the dust.

Vacuum cleaners and electronic devices don't get along. Without a specialized vacuum the rushing air causes a buildup of static electricity. If you have dust between the lcd and the cover, see if there is a crack or separation somewhere where you get it repaired under waranty.

Err. Be very very careful with the vacuum cleaner. It is highly NOT recommended to put a vacuum cleaner near the camera. Especially not on the back of lenses or inside the lens mounting.

A blower bulb and brush should be your roughest attack on the dust.

:D actually i already vacuumed the lens pretty heavily ;) it didnt clear out all the dust but the lens works fine!

The LCD cover pops off for cleaning on a D200 and most likely on the 300 as well. If there were dust behind the LCD you wouldn't be able to see it. Do use a blower (or a brush on things that won't scratch).

Nah... I think D300 is a little different. It uses tempered glass to cover LCD. I dont think its the case with D200.

Most reactions

Back