D300s to 600

gerardo2068

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
500px.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I would like to upgrade to a full frame camera.

I bought the D300s the same month it came out.

I have two FX lenses the 24-70mm 2.8 and 50mm 1.4D
I also have a SB-910 Speedlight.

Main reasons I would like to upgrade are better ISO, DOF, better dynamic range, more detail.

My worries base on reviews are oil on sensor, less focus points and all mostly in the center. I find that I use all the outer focus points on the D300s a lot.

I like to take photos of landscape, full body portraits, night and travel photography.

I use those two lenses for travel photography because I like to shoot wide and close distance like city streets, inside buildings and houses. I don't shoot pass the 70mm but that's on a DX body so I'm not sure how much zoom I will lose. I could get a telephoto lens down the line but for now I'm not thinking on getting new lenses. I'm quite happy with those two. I'm actually glad I will gain on the wider end of the 24mm from going to full frame.

I shoot as a hobby, not professionally.

Do you have any advice?
Should I try to go for a D800? A $1000 difference is quite big for me at this time and I don't think I need 36MPs.

If you have own both, What you think about the upgrade?

Thanks for your time. It will help a lot.

Yes,I meant to say that 70mm won't have the same crop factor that is does on the DX body. It will seem like is not zooming in as close as it it before. I've never use a FF camera so I don't know the details.

But onto the camera itself.

I would like for people that have used both to tell me their experience and advice. I not sure if I should get the D600, D800 or wait for a new DX camera. The $1000 difference between the D600 and D800 feels like a lot for what I'm expecting to do with the camera.

Thanks

haven't used the D600... but understand it to be an excellent body. It obviously lacks some of the features of the more expensive bodies... but that is why it is less expensive also. Oil on the sensor? No big deal.. just clean it, easy to do. I had oil on my D7000 and my D800... I am not worried about it. If the focus points issue is important, than look at a D800.

The D600 is an entry level FX, the D300s you are used to is not an entry level camera.

I see. I think I will wait some more.

Thanks!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back