What's new

D5100 or D7000? Wide-Angle lens?

Thing is I'd like a do-it-all lens... so it's either I get that fast do-it-all lens with the D5100 or I get a quick prime lens and a D7000...
 
Alright you're looking at two completely different cameras, as stated before the D5100 is primarily for video. If that's what you're looking for go nuts. I would personally go for the option of the D7000 and a fast prime or maybe a cheap telephoto (55-200mm VR = $200 or less) and then a cheaper prime, (50mm f/1.8 = $100) There you have your setup, basic setup for around $1600.

Now for an all arounder, I would go for a the 17-55 f/2.8. With the extra cash you got, or maybe leave out the telephoto lens and spend that $200 with the extra cash to grab the 17-55mm. All around the D7000 is the higher end camera, therefore the better choice. Also you won't upgrade from this camera for a very very very long time. Hope this helps out a little.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom