D70 at 1600ASA

Tuna

Fotoğrafçı
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I just wanted to share an experience I had. My daughter dances with a professional company (Latin Ballet of Virginia) and during their latest, annual Christmas-time performance of "The Legend of the Poinsettia", I was called on to take pictures of the last show - at the last moment...

As a proud Dad, I usually go to relax and enjoy the performance but in this case I was working - in a tricky situation. I had never shot my D70 at 1600ASA but in this case I had no choice. I was very impressed. With a little help from noise reduction plug-in software called "Neat Image" (a life saver in this instance) I produced results like the one posted here.

Oh,...and going back to being the proud Dad, this is a photo of my daughter, Kelly, during that performance.

Tuna

KellyWeb.jpg

That's a neat color composition and your daughter is a pretty lady.
I'm also interested in your comments concerning "Neat Image", I've tried "Noise Ninja" and quite honestly I can get better results using gaussian blur in Photoshop.
Would you be so kind as to give quick rundown on how you used Neat Image?

mrsid99 said:
I'm also interested in your comments concerning "Neat Image", I've tried "Noise Ninja" and quite honestly I can get better results using gaussian blur in Photoshop.
Would you be so kind as to give quick rundown on how you used Neat Image?

Just followed the directions that comes with the software - very easy to use and to preview the results. Here's the page to go to - www.neatimage.com.

Tuna

Neatimage is very impressive for noise reduction. They even have different noise profiles for each camera. Make sure you download your particular camera's noise profile too.

Cool, I will have to give that a try. Saw the samples and did one of my shots yesterday but haven't read the instructions yet :?

Eric

Most reactions

New Topics

Back