D70 Users

JonMikal

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
There is a new book on the market in the Peter Inova series: D70. This is a must for anyone who shoots a D70! Bout $50 + shipping.

Has anybody got any experience with these kind of books?

I'm a little skeptical of them unfortunately. I picked up a digital photography magazine the other day because the front cover read '50 secrets of the D70'

After I'd finished reading it I thought they'd have been better off calling it '50 things that anybody who has read the D70 manual already knows' :roll:

Are these books full of knowledge that's genuinely new and useful or do they just regurgitate the owner's manual and throw in a few tips that anybody who's used the camera for a couple of months already knows?

I don't have (or plan to get) a D70. But for curiosity's sake...

What is a camera specific book going to tell you that you can't find out from the manual or from actually using the camera?

Big Mike said:

What is a camera specific book going to tell you that you can't find out from the manual or from actually using the camera?
Quite a bit. That would be like asking why someone would buy a 3rd party book on Photoshop. The D70 has quite a few functions.. and no manual covers digital workflow... the information Nikon gives on the flash system is minimal... and so on and so on. I wouldn't say it was very informative for nothing ;)

voodoocat said:
Big Mike said:

Quite a bit. That would be like asking why someone would buy a 3rd party book on Photoshop. The D70 has quite a few functions.. and no manual covers digital workflow... the information Nikon gives on the flash system is minimal... and so on and so on. I wouldn't say it was very informative for nothing ;)

Exactly! Thanks for answering that one voodoocat!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back