D700

Formatted

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.jawns.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I picked up a D700 last Monday, and love it to pieces. My next purchase is going to be a 70-200 to complement this amazing camera. Here are a few pieces of work from a shoot I did for a local Boat club.

So top. 3

4566819316_57b21ca674_b.jpg

4566813658_24df927925_b.jpg

4565535734_37bb3292b5_b.jpg

C&C Appreciated the rest of the set can be found on my photostream, so check out the link below!

Very nice

Is that sharpness right out of camera or does it take some work in post to fine tune it? (What lens?)

My advice before anything else is the angles. I can't get a good look at them without hurting my neck.

@Josh220 Lens in 50mm f/1.4, post sharpening in all three photos (actually the whole set) Unsharpen Mask Radius 1.4 Threshold 0 Amount 143. So not a massive amount of sharpening.

@Dominantly I actually like the angles other wise rowing is a really boring sport to photograph. But I can completely see your point, I basically did a cycle of 3 titled 3 flat when I did a burst on a particular crew.

Maybe I'll load a few up if your interested in seeing them.

Thanks for the comments

I don't think rowing would be too boring, especially the way you are shooting it. You have a nice depth of field there, with some scenic backgrounds, stop motion, and expressions.
I think they are ways to make any shot more interesting, and you've done a good job here. Another option might be to get the D700 as close as possible to the waterline (scary) to get the shots.

Well I did actually try that, I've had successful results in the past with getting the camera low to the water. On this particular day it was raining and despite the D700 weather proofing I wasn't about to take a 4 day old camera into a watery environment without protection. So I made a hole in a oven bag and sticky taped it to the hood and with the original opening leaving enough room for my hands to get in. Whilst keeping the camera dry

4564900335_8c41a7aeb8_b.jpg

4566177379_e989052acb_b.jpg

6. This shot got my lens soaked and so hand to get the cloth out

4564912901_39f58a98da_b.jpg

Thanks for the comments Dom

Yes, boring maybe... but, the way the you can catch the water in the photos makes it for me.

A few crisp pics of them with still shots of the water splashing or falling is nice I think.

Nicely done with these, here's hoping we get some sunshine back soon eh.. :thumbup:

Cheers Arch. Weather is getting better, might have another go in a few weeks.

Would be nice if I had a pocket wizard and could setup a flash on a long pole to catch the spray with the flash!

Most reactions

Back