D7000 Makes Random Shutter Noise

xpurpleblob

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello, my camera doesn't do this often, but when I leave the camera on for a while, it seems to make the shutter noise. I believe the shutter is flipping up and down by itself. It usually does this when I'm moving. So one time I decided to move the camera up and down at a 90 degree angle, (pointing it east then north, then repeating) and it seemed to make the shutter sound. However when I turned it off and on again the noise was gone. This has happened on multiple occasions. It was a really hot day yesterday so maybe that was why it was doing it so much?

Are you getting proper exposures when you take images?

I had what I thought was the shutter going by itself when I had the D7000 but it was me hitting the Depth of field preview button by accident.It took me a while to realize what I was doing with my hand-finger placement. Just food for thought maybe.

I had what I thought was the shutter going by itself when I had the D7000 but it was me hitting the Depth of field preview button by accident.It took me a while to realize what I was doing with my hand-finger placement. Just food for thought maybe.

AHA! That might be the answer! Thanks!

Another popular one is hitting the shutter button on the battery grip by accident.

+1 on the DoF button, I do it all the time. As well as the grip.

quote,"I had what I thought was the shutter going by itself when I had the D7000 but it was me hitting the Depth of field preview button by accident.It took me a while to realize what I was doing with my hand-finger placement. Just food for thought maybe."

Same thing here, until I "fingered" out what I was doing. LOL

Most reactions

Back