D750 vs D610 vs D810 low light performance.

W.Y.Photo

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Which one has the best low light performance? which is second best? I don't only mean ISO-noise capability but auto-focus and anything else that factors in to low light shooting.

If you can't pick one over the other then how do they differ in terms of low light performance?

I've seen the specs, I just can't seem to find many reviews on actual in-the-feild performance.

Since they are all Nikon cameras, you might want to look through TPF's Nikon camera forum.

Oh, my bad, I thought I was there :uncomfortableness:

KmH, Any chance you could move this thread or delete it? I don't want to double post.

mmmh interesting. My gut tells me that the d610 and d750 will be very close when it comes to low light performance. Their pixels should be larger (less pixels on the same area). The D810 would have smaller pixels and should be slightly worse in low light. The d750 being the newest of the bunch I would imagine has the best focusing. This is just a gut feeling through extrapolating my 'knowledge' on a hypothetical 'problem'. I would imagine that the real world difference between the 3 would be negligible...

Last edited:
[...] I don't only mean ISO-noise capability but auto-focus and anything else that factors in to low light shooting. [...]
Well thats easy, with AF its D750 > D810 > D610. The D750 has the newest version of the best AF, the D810 the previous version, and the D610 got an AF thats usually used for DX. So yeah.

In respect to ISO ... meh. They all have recent Sony sensors. D750 and D810 support native ISO 12k, while D610 stops at 6400, thats about all the differences there are.

AF system: D750 > D810 (both very close) > D610 (a bit after the first two, with less AF points)
ISO: D610 > D750 (both very close) > D810 (but not too far way)

Below is a link to my sample high ISO shots, so you can see for yourself what the D810 can do between ISO 6400-12800. The D610 and D750 will do even a bit better.

Do you need ultra high performance at low light conditions? No way to go wrong: D4s, of course (at a high cost), or alternativelly the Nikon Df, with the same D4s sensor, but less AF points. Try the Df:

Thanks guys. I suspected it was the 750..

AF system: D750 > D810 (both very close) > D610 (a bit after the first two, with less AF points)
ISO: D610 > D750 (both very close) > D810 (but not too far way)

Below is a link to my sample high ISO shots, so you can see for yourself what the D810 can do between ISO 6400-12800. The D610 and D750 will do even a bit better.

Do you need ultra high performance at low light conditions? No way to go wrong: D4s, of course (at a high cost), or alternativelly the Nikon Df, with the same D4s sensor, but less AF points. Try the Df:

I've actually had the chance to play with the Df. It's an amazing camera, but not what I'm looking for. I need a camera that I can use in a studio one moment, on location the next, and in unexpected lighting conditions without using lights. (And I need to make huge prints)

Did you use noise reduction on those pictures at all or is that SOOC?

and the D610 got an AF thats usually used for DX. So yeah..

what's the difference between 3500DX and 3500FX? nothing? So yeah...The D810 also got an AF that's also used in DX.

Did you use noise reduction on those pictures at all or is that SOOC?

Yes, you always need to use it to some degree, in any of these cameras, but not as much as in older models at all. They're evolving fast.

really? i never use NR. I hate it.

I dont fear it, I just dont like the results.

Most reactions

Back