Da Vinci Code, anyone?

freelunch

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.jerrydavis.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was walking around Fleet Street when I stumbled upon Temple Church. It is not alway open, but it was that day. I felt I'd seen the church before, though I knew I'd never been in it. Well, the puzzle was solved when I read it had been built by the Knights Templar, who had featured largely in The Da Vinci Code.

Here follow a few snaps, but below is a link to a rather excellent 360° interior tour of Temple Church, Temple, London EC4. The demon's head is just a pin prick in the video. Make sure you look at the ceiling and then straight down at the floor.

Some monuments to the Knights who built the church are also on the floor, but they are not tombs and do not contain remains. It was cold, damp and you could almost feel history...

TempleChurch.jpg

Temple_ceiling_800.jpg

Temple_head_800.jpg

http://www.spheriscope.com/templetour/

Last edited:
Ah cool, thanks for sharing. I read the book but I stay far away from the film. Nice shots. :)

Ah so thats what it looks like. I pictures something totally different in my head while reading the book

Such a cool building, good find. I went to the Roslyn Chapel near Edinburgh a few months back hoping to get some good shots, unfortunately they've wrapped it in scaffold like walkways to let people get up close to the "unique architechtural detail". There's also what looks like a shed roof on it now.

"They paved paradise, they put up a parking lot."

I've also been to Saint Sulpice in Paris. I noticed a sign on the door meant to discourage visitors that were only there to follow the fictitious tale of The Da Vinci Code. The sign said "there is nothing here to see".

Sainte Chapelle is a much nicer church to photograph, anyway!

Your really good at centering your images, The 3rd one... my hands always move and I can't center evenly. Great images.

Most reactions

Back