Photos OK to edit
A few images from the streets of Dallas

Alley_web.jpg

empty_web.jpg

Bus_web.jpg

Thanks for looking!

really great use of the neon lights!!

amazing captures :D

amazing capture what time of night did go? I am planing to visit when I return to Texas after being overseas......What was you exposure settings and techniques? Maybe we can meet up.

really great use of the neon lights!!

amazing captures :D

Thanks OATH2220! I appreciate you stopping by! I really like neon and the whole night time shooting thing.

amazing capture what time of night did go? I am planing to visit when I return to Texas after being overseas......What was you exposure settings and techniques? Maybe we can meet up.

Thanks rjackjames! These were taken around midnight. I used a tripod, with a remote switch and the mirror lock up function to reduce vibration. I love to shoot at night, and I hope to improve a little each time out. When you get back I would be more than happy to go out and find some night shots!

The first shot is ISO 200, 4 sec @ f/11

The Second shot is ISO 200, 5 sec @ f/16

The third shot is ISO 400, 1/60 sec @ f/3 hand held

The third shot is very well-composed and has a nice use of colour - the best of the bunch for me.

Regards, Tony

The third shot is very well-composed and has a nice use of colour - the best of the bunch for me.

Regards, Tony

tb2, i appreciate your comments. it is the oldest shot of the three. I had taken it quite some time ago, but it was crooked, and the composition wasn't quite right, etc..... I knew the image I wanted was in there I saw it when I took it, but I just couldn't get it right. Then the other day i looked at it and there it was.

Awesome! :thumbup:

Last shot handheld wow.....What camera and lens did you use. I will take up on your offer. I send u a message when I am back...maybe we can arrange a meet.

Awesome! :thumbup:

Thanks Gphoto!

Last shot handheld wow.....What camera and lens did you use. I will take up on your offer. I send u a message when I am back...maybe we can arrange a meet.

Don't be too impressed, if I remember correctly I was leaning against a street sign for support, a little controlled breathing and I made up for the deficiencies in PS2. The first two shots were with Nikon, the last was Olympus E-500 I think the lens was 18 - 55mm 2.8 I no longer have that camera and lens...

If your missing Dallas, this may help a little. Not too good of stuff, but its Dallas... http://homepage.mac.com/jdsrc/PhotoAlbum7.html

Last edited:
Hey Dratom :)

Nice shots! I am part of a Dallas Photography Group that does some great outings if you are interested. We have shot the Dallas skyline and two architectural shots of the buildings in Dallas (all at night) with a couple more coming up. All of these have had huge turnouts. If you are interested in more details let me know! (Oh and all my Dallas shots are on my site under Galleries>Art if you want to see them :)

Hey Dratom :)

Nice shots! I am part of a Dallas Photography Group that does some great outings if you are interested. We have shot the Dallas skyline and two architectural shots of the buildings in Dallas (all at night) with a couple more coming up. All of these have had huge turnouts. If you are interested in more details let me know! (Oh and all my Dallas shots are on my site under Galleries>Art if you want to see them :)

Thanks Lyncca, I would love to take you up on that offer. I'll PM you with my information!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back