Damn you Brits !!

ottor

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I read .... alot !! I have a couple stacks of photo magazines about knee high, and I'll tell you - the BEST photo magazines come from the UK !

The only problem is that they cost an arm and a leg... anywhere between $11 - $14 US dolars each... Of course, a lot of them come with DVD's included, but - I sure enjoy reading their tutorials and product reviews.. As far as I'm concerened, they're tops !! = Just wish they weren't so hard on the wallet.... ;)

Keep up the great work ....

I read .... alot !! I have a couple stacks of photo magazines about knee high, and I'll tell you - the BEST photo magazines come from the UK !

The only problem is that they cost an arm and a leg... anywhere between $11 - $14 US dolars each... Of course, a lot of them come with DVD's included, but - I sure enjoy reading their tutorials and product reviews.. As far as I'm concerened, they're tops !! = Just wish they weren't so hard on the wallet.... ;)

Which one's are you reading

I honestly have to say I don't really follow any photography magazines at all in the UK - sadly most aim at the beginner level with most of their articles, and even then the articles often contain little depth to the content - so it gives little to really build on.
The editing advice is also almost totally usless - aimed at beginners and yet every magazine uses Photoshop (the full version). Now most beginners won't be spending £500 or more on that after just getting the camera - heck even if they had the money I would say get a good lens or tripod or something with that money and stick with something like elements.
The other problem is that most recycle the same articles over and over - so even if you were to follow a single publication chances are you would quickly find less and less within the pages which would be of real interest.
And finally, whislt I accept that magazines have to make money and that adverts are a good source of income, when half the magazine (or more) is adverts I give up - if I want that many ads I'll go get an adtrader mag.

Overall the odd issue might be interesting to pickup, and I guess when I get full photoshop I might finally be able to use some of the editing advice = other than that I'd say stick with National Geographic - good articles - inspirational photography and sometimes they even talk to photographers in interviews and such. :)

Photography Monthly is probably my favorite, but I also buy Practical Photog, Digital Photo and Digital Camera World.. I also agree that they're packed with Ads, but - some are actually interesting.. :blushing:

I also subscribe to Outdoor Photographer and Pop Photographer - both US publications..... Used to get ShutterBug, but found that to be more junk than anything else...

Anyway, guess you can't read up on something 'too much' .. It's not taking away from my shooting time, and - something to do just before bed..

Photography Monthly is probably my favorite, but I also buy Practical Photog, Digital Photo and Digital Camera World.. I also agree that they're packed with Ads, but - some are actually interesting.. :blushing:

I also subscribe to Outdoor Photographer and Pop Photographer - both US publications..... Used to get ShutterBug, but found that to be more junk than anything else...

Anyway, guess you can't read up on something 'too much' .. It's not taking away from my shooting time, and - something to do just before bed..

I don't read any of them, my partner bought me a subscription to Digital Photo one Christmas and hated it all that altering and manipulation on the computer did my head in. I prefer Professional photographer and Photo Pro less adverts and more interviews and technical stuff and not much computer crap

Most reactions

New Topics

Back