www.alloutdoor.smugmug.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Dancer on seamless. 1 light.

950D704695-2-copyedited-1-XL.jpg

950D704676-2-L.jpg

950D704741-2new2edited-2-L.jpg

Thanks Dee,
I like the color best also. The dancer prefers the black and white....go figure.
Appreciate your feedback.

great shots, and great phisique! I too am drawn to the color photo. Though I kinda wish i could see the whole shadow as well. Maybe if the black and whites were a bit more contrasty, or had some other elements, they would pop more, though I do like the pose of the second one. Great shots regardless.

Very well done.
Wow, look at the calves on her...she's been doing this a long time.

Really nice..I love the pose on #2! And she has awesome figure.

I love this kinda' stuff! It looks so,so cool. Thanks for posting these. I really like the light placement and the shadow positioning--the shadow's density and position on the seamless both look really good,and add a LOT of impact. Any comments on how you're lighting these sessions?

Very nice work, and of course. I like the color versions better too.

Is there a reason why you chose to use ony one light. I guess one light is more dramatic...?

Thanks everyone!
Contrast is a very fine line with these. The highlights or the blacks. To much and the highlights blow and the blacks block.
Lighting is 1 sb800 through a 42" softbox. Flash is set to 105mm to minimize fallout onto the back of the seamless.
One light was used to create light and shadow in the photos and to create the shadow below the dancer.
Light was placed very high above her pointing sharply down at her.

The only reason I don't care for the second one is because the part of her body closest to the lens and therefore the most prominent to my eyes is her head and long fall of hair. The lines of her back and legs are truly amazing but I am distracted by the hair. I think the first showcases her strength the best.

Well executed shots. I prefer the color as it seems to bring out more of the tones and definition in her movements.

MReid these are pretty awesome! Amazing what one light can do :thumbup:

very nice, I also prefer the color. The energy in #1 is great (I wish I could leap like that.....)

I really like the colour photo - it is sharp and the colours are very crisp and works well with the plain backdrop. I like the b/w shots too but the first b/w seems to me that it is cropped a little tight on the righthand side and it would be nice to see more of her shadow on that side. Great model though and very, very nice photos :thumbup:

Most reactions

Back