dandelion

MirandaJo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was practicing focusing on the Dandelion. I know the photo would look better if the Dandelion was not in the middle of the photo.
$flower.jpg

I've shot these many times with a similar lens (Canon 18-55) at 55mm at f/5.6. As it is, only part of the flower is sharp. That's fine if that was your intention. Otherwise, a higher f-stop will give you a wider DOF and you'll get more of the dandelion in focus. And yes, the centered composition is not so interesting, but I assume this was a practice shot for technical adjustments. The background is nicely blurred. :)

I've shot these many times with a similar lens (Canon 18-55) at 55mm at f/5.6. As it is, only part of the flower is sharp. That's fine if that was your intention. Otherwise, a higher f-stop will give you a wider DOF and you'll get more of the dandelion in focus. And yes, the centered composition is not so interesting, but I assume this was a practice shot for technical adjustments. The background is nicely blurred. :)

I was only trying to get the flower sharp. :) Yes this was me just practicing trying to get the flower to focus and the rest to blur. Thank you.

I was only trying to get the flower sharp. :) Yes this was me just practicing trying to get the flower to focus and the rest to blur. Thank you.

Oh yes, I understand. :wink: I was just complimenting you on the nice blurring. It's very good! :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back