Daniela

Donde

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This is a snapshot of my friend Daniela with Sony a6000 and 24 1.8. Improvement tips welcome.

17251396154_3d6b9da3cf_c.jpg

Better, less perspective distortion but on-camera flash as the main lighting source makes harsh light, hard transitions and blows out texture.
Note pin-point lights in her eye.

Thank you Traveler.

Lew pretty much captured it.

Here's the thing: you've got a lovely looking subject who seems to pose effectively in front of the camera. She's got dark black hair. So there are a couple of basic rules to keep in mind:

1. Soft light is your friend. Direct flash is bad. A soft light (speed light bounced off a wall or going through a softbox or scrim) is the way to go here. You'll get more depth, few spots with glare or that are washed out. There will be less glare in her hair but more detail. A soft light will hide lines in the skin, make everyone look younger and more beautiful while a harsh light either adds years or emphasizes lines and wrinkles.

2. Her general pose is pretty good. As a rule you don't want to face the camera straight on but at an angle...an angle is more interesting. Don't have the shoulders at the same height, make one higher than the other.

3. Some kind of a head light (behind her, pointed at her head) will create some separation and a modest "halo" effect.

4. The top isn't bad but if you've got something that is a stronger red, it will contrast beautifully with that glorious hair. And then add a red to those lips that matches...and people will shiver when they look at her portrait.

5. One last tip--I find the armpit of the top on her left side just a little bit annoying (just a flash of color there that distracts from her face). You could push the hair on her left side back just a little bit to cover it. Or, I'm a big proponent of having models put all of their hair on one side...so just take the hair on the left and move it to the right side of her chest (so instead of a glimpse of distracting color that left arm hole is now just part of her top and actually less distracting).

She's beautiful. So create some light that allows her to look as beautiful as she is.

Those are very helpful suggestions thank you. I will try to use them if I ever have an opportunity to do a "shoot" rather than just snapshots. I do need to get an off camera flash I know.

This is a snapshot of my friend Daniela with Sony a6000 and 24 1.8. Improvement tips welcome.

Nice snapshot of a beautiful woman, and lots of good suggestions have already been made. If you did a shoot, rather than a snap, I would make sure there is no stray hair on her chest (her right) or on the dress (from both left and right).

17251396154_3d6b9da3cf_c.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back