Dawn at Heathrow Airport

pm63

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The sun rises over a line of planes at Heathrow Airport, London. Comments appreciated:

2840211820_01f5d719e2.jpg

I like it... the tail of the planes is cool.

Honestly, I think it was conceptually neat but missed a bit. The sun centered in the middle isn't totally ideal I don't think, and the tails of the planes are sooo cool but a bit understated since they are close enough to each other to almost blend in with each other... a bit more of an angle to the right might have helped.

The color struck me a bit odd, too... kinda green?

Still, neat. Good eye.

*Yemme raises her hand*

I have a question. Does the glass have anything to do with coloring?

I like it... the tail of the planes is cool.

Thanks Yemme.

Honestly, I think it was conceptually neat but missed a bit. The sun centered in the middle isn't totally ideal I don't think, and the tails of the planes are sooo cool but a bit understated since they are close enough to each other to almost blend in with each other... a bit more of an angle to the right might have helped.

The color struck me a bit odd, too... kinda green?

Still, neat. Good eye.

Thanks for the feedback. This image is actually a crop, and in the original the sun wasnt in the middle of the frame, more to the left, but I think it worked well like this. When I have the time I'll post the original(s), as there are also some with planes landing. I completely agree with the tails being understated, but unfortunately this was the furthest to the right of them I could get in my surroundings (it was shot through the window of a coffee shop in the airport - rather restricted). The green tone is admittedly quite strange... it's either WB error or a result of deliberate underexposure.

*Yemme raises her hand*

I have a question. Does the glass have anything to do with coloring?

I don't think so - it was clear glass. See my reply above.

Thanks all.

in my own pov i think that you just captured the sun..don't get me wrong on this.

Most reactions

Back