DAY 4 of walking the WHW (56k beware)

Alex_B

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
here comes the continuation of http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74299

This time it is day 4 of the hike, starting at Inverarnan at the northern end of Loch Lomond.

1: Early morning in Glen Falloch
whw97_065.jpg

2: Glen Falloch
whw97_066.jpg

3: Fionn Ghleann
whw97_067.jpg

4: The road goes on
whw97_068.jpg

5: Derrydarroch
whw97_069.jpg

6. The river Falloch
whw97_070.jpg

7: Ben More seen from Kirk Craig
whw97_075.jpg

8: Railway bridge
whw97_078.jpg

9: Some more mountains
whw97_083.jpg

to be continued here : http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?p=767182

They all conjour up the essence of a great days hiking in the highlands. We Brits do tend to complain about the weather, but 355 days of doom and gloom are worthwhile for days like this one. By my reckoning there must be 9 nice days left for 2007!!
#3 is especially nice.

Regards
Mike

Thanks! Yes, day 1 and two of that hike were not really nice (see first thread on the WHW) .. but then it cleared up :)

Another glimpse into a beautiful spot in the world. It's hard to narrow it down, but I like 3, 5 and 7 the most. 5 especially appeals to me...I just love the picturesque house with the wooden fence on the far side of the path/road, the nearby stream, and the sheep. That's the type of scene I envision when I think of hiking in the country in Scotland.
ssheep.gif

Thanks both :)

5 especially appeals to me...I just love the picturesque house with the wooden fence on the far side of the path/road, the nearby stream, and the sheep. That's the type of scene I envision when I think of hiking in the country in Scotland.
ssheep.gif

Thanks ;) well, the light was very hard though and it did not come out too well, technically.But you are right, it pretty much depicts the essence of the countryside.

that view in #3 would be just that little bit better if it was taken from a beer garden ;-)

"Oh, what a beautiful morning, oh, what a beautiful day!"

Lovely colours.
What a hike!
Must hurry on to Day 5 now! Since these are good and those from the first day did not appeal to Alex-the-critic only but to everyone else, Day 5 must be good, too!

Thanks all :)

Actually I know a place where you can sit in a beer garden and take a similar shot :p

Must hurry on to Day 5 now! Since these are good and those from the first day did not appeal to Alex-the-critic only but to everyone else, Day 5 must be good, too!

wel, I agree there are some good ones. But I am not really happy, since the slides degraded over the years before I scanned them. Some of the skies where not that blown out 10 years ago :(

But Alex-the-critic still likes some of them for the photos they are, and all of them for the memories connected to them :)

Most reactions

Back