Day Around Town in Autumn

Great set. I like the last two the most.

The foliage is beautiful here at Acadia NP but it's been so foggy and misty it is hard to get a good shot of it.

Sure, we are getting the fog and rain right now. Probably came in from the coast where you are. Thanks a lot;)

Cool set Chaz. Some really well thought out pov's and perspectives on these not to mention the colours.

Hi @charlie76 Looking for a Vt foliage update if you could? How did the foliage survive the wind and rain the other day? Still worth driving up? We may head up to Stowe area tomorrow then over to Burlington. What are the conditions now?

Hi @charlie76 Looking for a Vt foliage update if you could? How did the foliage survive the wind and rain the other day? Still worth driving up? We may head up to Stowe area tomorrow then over to Burlington. What are the conditions now?

I don't know about Peacham, specifically, but they are right near us. We lost probably about 1/3 to 1/2 of the leaves so far since last weekend's brilliant peak (depending on what side of the mountain you're looking at, or whatever) and I would assume it is the same in Peacham. Everyday I drive to my job in Lebanon, about 1.25 hours south , and I watch the status of the leaves. Right now they are peaking somewhere just barely north of Lebanon and get less and less as I drive north to my house near Montpelier.

However, I will say that the beautiful leaves that have fallen are all over the ground and that will make for interesting photography too. The trees are still beautiful and I would not discourage you from taking the trip, but it's most likely past the peak, but still beautiful trees and hillsides. The landscapes will still be great and colorful, though not as bright as last weekend. But again, it seems to change depending on the little micro-area that you happen to be in. Some trees still seem to be at 100% brilliant, while others have 1/2 or more leaves fallen.

Let me know how it goes and good luck!

I don't know about Peacham, specifically, but they are right near us. We lost probably about 1/3 to 1/2 of the leaves so far since last weekend's brilliant peak (depending on what side of the mountain you're looking at, or whatever) and I would assume it is the same in Peacham. Everyday I drive to my job in Lebanon, about 1.25 hours south , and I watch the status of the leaves. Right now they are peaking somewhere just barely north of Lebanon and get less and less as I drive north to my house near Montpelier.

However, I will say that the beautiful leaves that have fallen are all over the ground and that will make for interesting photography too. The trees are still beautiful and I would not discourage you from taking the trip, but it's most likely past the peak, but still beautiful trees and hillsides. The landscapes will still be great and colorful, though not as bright as last weekend. But again, it seems to change depending on the little micro-area that you happen to be in. Some trees still seem to be at 100% brilliant, while others have 1/2 or more leaves fallen.

Let me know how it goes and good luck!

Thanks that is very helpful info!

Driving through the area again today. I’d estimate a small fraction of leaves have fallen, but the hills are still totally beautiful, just a deeper red orange as the leaves begin to die. Many trees are still brilliant. I’d recommend going

Nice, #1 for me

Most reactions

New Topics

Back