Nein-reis

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
TrainYard21.jpg

TrainYard1.jpg

Thanks for looking! :thumbup:

Your first shot is excellent! Your second shot is also very nice, but I think it is a bit bright compared to your first shot. I was hoping for a continuation of the dreary, dark mood of the first shot; I think it is just the bottom part of the second shot that is too bright in some areas..

Just my opinion though..

Nice work and thanks for sharing..

agree with the poster above, second is too bright. BUT! thanks for doing HDR right! phew. finally sumone doesnt over do it.

Very nice indeed, love the mood and says 'train yard' to me. Dirty and grungy :)

Regards,
Peter Witham

First looks so good, I agree with the others when they say that the bottom has a little to much light in the bottom too. And maybe you could think about changing your water mark to something else that isn't too distracting?

Thanks for the comments, I suppose I could change the watermark... normally they arn't as intrusive but I just found a ton of my photos on someone elses pbase site, posing as there own... so I'm a little paranoid these days.

Okay, heres my process. #1 (and this may surprise a few of you) its not HDR. I did a bunch of "painting with light layers". Its something like this:

Open image>duplicate layer>desaturate>dodge 20% set to shadows go over all dark details (not entire shadows) that you want to stand out more>burn 20% highlights (go over areas you burned and any areas with chipped paint, cracked wood, rust etc...(those two steps should take quite a long time)>set layer blending mode to overlay>merge visible>channles>green>erase all>hue/saturation/adjust sliders in saturation and darkness working in colors>levels>work to taste>duplicate layer>create a layer mask of anything you want brighter>duplicate layer create another layer mask of anything you want darker>duplicate layer>create a layer mask of anything you want in small highlights>1st layer mask light part (this is where you "paint with light" fill the maks part(s) with white and apply a 1-5px gusassian blur>seto to overlay/screen/soft light/ whatever blending mode looks best>adjust opacity/fill to liking>on dark layer mask keep only the darker parts>guassian blur 1-2px>set to multiply>adjust opacity/fill to liking>repate process on highlights w/out guassian blur>merge visible>copy to new layer>mask off sky>adjustlevels/curves/paint with light if you need to to bring out sky more(if needed)>use dodge/burn process again to bright painted areas>merge visible>duplicate layer>highpass 1-1.5px>set blending mode to overlay>merge visible>adjust hue/saturation, curves, and levels to liking.

Thats pretty much it, I'm sure there was more but you get the idea.

Here is the untouched image from the camera for referance.

originaltrainyrd.jpg

wow! you cant be serious!! Thats one helluva work man!! awesome.. Love it. very nicely done... thanks for sharing!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back