Dear Santa, I've been a bad boy this year......... but I still want some gear

Are you going to be shooting away from a power outlet?
No

Grabe a snoot, too.
In consideration

A beauty dish is a good investment. PCB has one, but I'm not a fan. Kacey Enterprise has a very nice dish for $143. Kacey Enterprises 22″ Kacey Beauty Reflector & Bracket Accessories

The Parabolic modifier system from PCB is killer. David Hobby from Strobist is even using one...with his profotos.
Cheers.....

wasted again? :thumbup:

I changed the order up a little. Let the fun begin........

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

1133074836_BrzXh-XL.jpg

A meh, a green tounge and a reference to the 70s. Hmmm, if it's a joke, sorry but I'm not following. Tell you what, before I tell you to phuque off, I'll let you explain a bit further. Sorry you can't be excited about new gear Mr. Lighting Guy.

A meh, a green tounge and a reference to the 70s. Hmmm, if it's a joke, sorry but I'm not following. Tell you what, before I tell you to phuque off, I'll let you explain a bit further. Sorry you can't be excited about new gear Mr. Lighting Guy.

pastel branding. That is all.

Ed: My favorite photo I've ever taken was with a White Lightning 1600 and a PCB softbox.

On a side note, I find it funny that for the most part, the people that get butt hurt over sarcastic comments on the internet are the people that hunger for attention.

For example, you didn't have to mention anything about your bonus, or about what you were planning to do (more specifically invest it to get more money later), or any of that. You could have simply asked your question from the getgo without mentioning how cool you are with your bonus and intentions to seem like a smart person to invest and how you're a badass now because you're going to spend it on whatever you want and take whatevers left over. Again...you want the attention and for people to notice those things. When no one was envying you and acknowledging the fact that you're so cool with all this money, you get frustrated and impatient. And when I normally come across these kinds of posts on automotive forums, I usually recommend the person to either save it or spend it on ridiculously useless and expensive stuff because they are just flaunting and get mad when serious recommendations are made, regardless of whether or not they are car related.

Getting sort of back on topic, that seems like a total waste of money to me. But then again, I don't know much about lighting so who am I.

edit - Welcome to the internet... This happens on a daily basis on any forum.

On a side note, I find it funny that for the most part, the people that get butt hurt over sarcastic comments on the internet are the people that hunger for attention.

For example, you didn't have to mention anything about your bonus, or about what you were planning to do (more specifically invest it to get more money later), or any of that. You could have simply asked your question from the getgo without mentioning how cool you are with your bonus and intentions to seem like a smart person to invest and how you're a badass now because you're going to spend it on whatever you want and take whatevers left over. Again...you want the attention and for people to notice those things. When no one was envying you and acknowledging the fact that you're so cool with all this money, you get frustrated and impatient. And when I normally come across these kinds of posts on automotive forums, I usually recommend the person to either save it or spend it on ridiculously useless and expensive stuff because they are just flaunting and get mad when serious recommendations are made, regardless of whether or not they are car related.

Getting sort of back on topic, that seems like a total waste of money to me. But then again, I don't know much about lighting so who am I.

I ride a motorcycle and I'm ****ing awesome! The government pays me lots of monies and I own lighting equipment. People that don't know how to light are just scared.

Well! I'm an Avionics Technician and I'm freakin awesome! The army pays me a LOT of money to work on Blackhawks and i own 1000's of dollars of test equipment. And people that dont know how to repair their own Helicopters are just plain Stupid! LOL.j/k

Good thing you spent the time crafting your own attention grabbing post in order to criticize the OP.

You could have simply responded that you felt the OP should save his money, purchased other lighting equipment, or elected not to respond at all. But instead you elected to make your own snarky, attention grabbing commentary. And since we have elected to start going "Dr. Phil" on fellow forum members, your post makes me think you are chronically insecure or pathetically jealous.

Now if you will excuse me, I need to consider if I am going to spend my own excessively large bonus on another full frame camera to go along with my 70-200mm f/2.8 glass so I can take some tack sharp pics of my brand new 7 series BMW.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back