Delicate Pink Flower - Selective Coloring

RKW3

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello everyone, this is my first serious selective coloring. In photoshop I also changed the hue of the flower (from purple to pink), and I added contrast, etc.

I hope you enjoy this photo. Photographing flowers is still new to me.

Flower2web-1.jpg

Very nice photo, and great job on the selective coloring! :thumbup: I've tried it before and it never came out as good as yours.

It's not that hard, it just takes a lot of patience. (especially with large objects your coloring)

Thank you for your positive comment Mainiac!

Cool effect.

Damn, I need to learn photoshop :-(

Oh yes, photoshop is necessary for my photos now. :lol:

I greatly appreciate your comment TATTRATT. :)

I love selective coloring but I would of colored all the pedals and left the rest black & white.

Well done! It is a good way of making a flower stand out - just desaturating and blurring and then attacking the part you want with the history brush can work in much the same way. Keep experimenting - I managd to fool the judges and get 20/20 in competition with a picture of crocuses that were bright blue! Geriatically modified.

Thanks for your comments Old Navy and Fangman!

Old Navy- Interesting input. I think I tried keeping the stems, etc. desaturated but for some reason I decided to make the entire flower colorful.

Fangman- Thanks! It may have looked like I spent a lot of time editing this photo but it probably only took me about 15-20 minutes. I just had a lot of patience and I think this turned out well. The original photo of this was kind of boring, so I think changing the flower's color and applying selective coloring to this photo worked out well!

Old Navy- Interesting input. I think I tried keeping the stems, etc. desaturated but for some reason I decided to make the entire flower colorful.

I think she meant color in the other flower in the photo too, and I agree. Might be interesting to see how that would look.

I think she meant color in the other flower in the photo too, and I agree. Might be interesting to see how that would look.

Oh, that might be interesting. Thanks for correcting me. :lol:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back