What's new

Desert Plains

Because people are HDR-crazed.

This is a really great capture, Abraxas. And if this says something about your picture, I was enjoying the shot for the three seconds before I even noticed the rainbow HAHA. Then it went from 'ooooh' to 'Aaaahhh!'
 
Wow! Well done. :thumbup: Wish there was material like that to work with here.
 
Wow! Well done, wish there was material like that to work with here.
 
Wow! Well done. :thumbup: Wish there was material like that to work with here.

Thanks- I've seen some beautiful scenery produced from out your way though.

Because people are HDR-crazed.

This is a really great capture, Abraxas. And if this says something about your picture, I was enjoying the shot for the three seconds before I even noticed the rainbow HAHA. Then it went from 'ooooh' to 'Aaaahhh!'

Thanks Trenton. I suppose I shouldn't be mean, it just seems that sometimes the technique is used to determine whether they like a shot or not, or at least as an excuse. As a reformed 'purist' I guess I can understand that point of view, but I changed once I found the 'pure' shots weren't reflecting either what I remembered seeing or felt when made the shot.

Ok, so... the original version I posted of the shot was a 5-exposure HDR from .jpg files. I wasn't happy with the sky at all. Since I don't auto bracket and prefer to use as long as an exposure as possible with the tiniest aperture I can, the clouds came out very 'fizzed.' Sometimes the effect works, most times it doesn't. I've been wanting to try a fix for this, so I took the best exposure for the sky and took the RAW file and reprocessed it and and overlaid the existing foreground on the new image.

The photo initially, most likely could have been produced from a single RAW and was probably an unnecessary roundabout workflow, but a learning experience that adds a new tool to my box.
 
Why would you ask something like that?

well, I wasn't trying to offend, I simply like to know how people captured great shots. It is a great photo - I just noticed it looked like everything was exposed correctly, so I was wondering if it was an hdr.

Was that a rude question to ask? I don't know why if it was, especially being that it is an HDR.
 
wohaa! what a crazy combination of colours and elements.

the only thing which bothers me is that the sky looks rather muddy/dirty near the horizon in the right half. But one cannot have it all probably ;)
 
well, I wasn't trying to offend, I simply like to know how people captured great shots. It is a great photo - I just noticed it looked like everything was exposed correctly, so I was wondering if it was an hdr.

Was that a rude question to ask? I don't know why if it was, especially being that it is an HDR.

Sorry, some days I'm just an asshole.

& Thank you.
 
wohaa! what a crazy combination of colours and elements.

the only thing which bothers me is that the sky looks rather muddy/dirty near the horizon in the right half. But one cannot have it all probably ;)

It was kind of a busy day for both me and the desert. The muddy area on the right is a dust storm blowing through.

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=110659

The alternating high winds, dust and sun and rain and wet sand I ended the day standing in along with feeling a bit squeezy even before I went out led to the last few sleepless nights of barely being able to breath and what appears to be some type of crappy, near-vicious attitude. I'm thinking I best go lay down for another day or two.
 
This is one of your best ever IMO! Excellent work as usual. :thumbup: :thumbup:

NJ

Thanks. I'm hoping the wildflower bloom will be good this year. I got some ideas.
 
mind blowing shot man, love it
 
Sorry, some days I'm just an asshole.

& Thank you.

Don't worry about it. It can be really hard to tell people's tones on the internet, which is really one big downfall of the communication aspect online. I could see how the way I typed the question could seem like I was brash, but I wasn't trying to be.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom