Development Disaster - What Do I Do?

TheChronoRogue

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm currently taking a photography class as my university. I shot 4 rolls of Kodak Tri-X 400 B&W film over the past week and went into the darkroom today to develop it myself. However, the locks were changed over the weekend and I was unable to get it. I wanted to develop tonight so I could print tomorrow in class. The film was for an assignment due on Wednesday. On my way home, I stopped in at a CVS and asked if the could develop Tri-X B&W film. The were selling some at the counter, so when they said yes, I assumed they knew what I was talking about. Well I come back 30 mins later (thats how long they said it would take to make uncut negs) and find I have 4 rolls of purple tinted blank film. Of course I realize that used a color process on my B&W film. I talked to the clerk and he said that he couldnt do anything about it, but that I should talk to the manager tomorrow. Now, I was wondering what sort of compensation should I asked for. I feel that I am entitled to more than 4 rolls of free film, but I don't if I am out of line here and how much I should ask for. Any advice you guys could provide would be great. Thanks.

- TheChronoRogue

To the Mods: I cross posted here and in The Darkroom. Feel free to remove which over post seems out of place.

TheChronoRogue said:
I feel that I am entitled to more than 4 rolls of free film, but I don't if I am out of line here and how much I should ask for.

Replacing your film is probably all they are responsible for. Much more valuable is the knowledge that you should never bring your film back if they don't know Tri-X isn't C41.

Most reactions

Back