Difficult client wants all unedited photos... please help

Desaturate -100
Exposure -100
Contrast -100

Here are your 'unedited' photos that require special software to read and edit, enjoy.

LOL

I had a customer that wanted the same, so I saved them all out as medium quality jpgs at 1024px.

she then wrote:

you definitely picked out the best ones. there are some (below) that i think are just fun if you wanted to play with a few. thank you for giving us a chance to see all of them

Desaturate -100
Exposure -100
Contrast -100

Here are your 'unedited' photos that require special software to read and edit, enjoy.

My reading of what was on the website is that the offer was for edited copies of all the photos.

"includes your photo session and enhanced high resolution digital copies of all images, watermark free."

Desaturate -100
Exposure -100
Contrast -100

My reading of what was on the website is that the offer was for edited copies of all the photos.

"includes your photo session and enhanced high resolution digital copies of all images, watermark free."

Correct, the wording "enhanced", states altered, meaning edited.

Boost the exposure on all the images to the point of them almost being completely blown out and give them to her this way. Explain that you purposely shoot this way with editing in mind as it helps bring back the exposure and retain detail in the shadows. Say it's a common photographers trick and for this reason the undedited images are useless to view as they need to be developed. ;)

That's sarcasm......before anyone attacks me!

On a more serious note. The client has seen your best work in the images you delivered so first impressions have been made. I don't think she will judge you from what you show her now. Deliver everything and move on.

Last edited:
As OP has pointed out himself, he has offered his client:

- ALL photographs
- ENHANCED
- High resolution
- No watermark

Client may have asked for unedited photographs, giving him/her these photo's will most likely hurt you more than anything. Not fulfilling your clients expectations will also hurt you.

As tempting it is to try and screw the client over, it is more likely to come back and bite you in the ass. My best advice to you is to fulfill your contract, as you promised.

Batch edit your photographs, export in high quality, cry yourself to sleep, and learn from your epic mistake!

1) Sit with the client, beverage of you choice,
2) find a solution for now
3) revamp business model and wording.

Tons of good advice here. follow Psytrox, but I suggest asking her to sign an acknowledgment that you are delivering pics that did not make your cut, and that they are unedited which was against what you tried to convey, that you are spending a lot of time at a financial loss to you to meet her request and she should not disclose this difficulty/misunderstanding. seems like a reasonable request prior to delivery to protect you, a bit.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back