What's new

Distant Cousins -- Family Resemblance

Ysarex98 92

TPF Supporters
Joined
Nov 27, 2011
Messages
7,718
Reaction score
4,577
Location
St. Louis
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have Roselle planted in the ornamental garden and Okra in the vegetable garden. Both are blooming right now and you can't miss the family resemblance. They're both in the Malvaceae/Mallow family, genus Hibiscus. Fuji X-T2 w/90mm Macro Elmar

roselle.webp


okra.webp
 
Wow I'm jealous. I can just imagine a busy bee terribly tired and falling asleep in the first flower image. :P
 
Yes, that appears to be another variety of Roselle. You may encounter it with the name red zinger as it is used to make a popular tea.
red zinger uses bean flower petals? Who new.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom