DIY HONEYCOMB...need input

henryalg01

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
hi i just made DIY HONEYCOMB from card board , i never use it before so i don't know what am i doing right or not need input thx

$DIY HOENEY COMB.jpg

This looks a lot like other DIY honeycombs I have seen. You could also make one with fewer, larger holes. The current one seems to have a lot of small holes, and is probably cutting the flash power down by a tremendous amount, and the sample photo shows how well it controls beam spread and reduces output. I think it looks like it's going to be a very useful honeycomb grid for adding just a hint of flash to areas that need only a little "kiss" of light. Overall, it looks good.

Some people have made these using sections of plastic drinking straws, contained within a rectangle made of paper or plastic, with the straws just glued into a tight "bundle" pattern inside the retaining rectangle. It seems like any number of things will work.

i want to use straw but i searched around not any left , when i saw other side of the cardboard its lot of square hole , so i think it might work...i think i'm gona make another one with straw tomorrow...thx Derrel

Looks pretty good to me. I made mine black to match the flash...

snoot by keips66, on Flickr

^oh yeah. that too, its important. also, the length of straws changes how the light spreads.

ok i'll buy some deco and spray it to black...thx

Most reactions

New Topics

Back