Do you always have your camera & gear with you?

o and to add on I weighed my camera bag today and its 18.8 pounds lol. That's another reason I dont carry it everywhere.

Almost never.

Can't take it to work - can't even leave it in my car while I'm at work. I pretty much only have my camera with me if I plan on taking pictures - which isn't as often as I'd like.

yep...about 85% of the time...easily carried in my bag

o and to add on I weighed my camera bag today and its 18.8 pounds lol. That's another reason I dont carry it everywhere.

Sounds about right. Mine is somewhere between 19.5 and 20 pounds (hard to be more exact than that with my scale).

I try to keep my gear at least in my vehicle when I go out. Lately I haven't because I'm waiting for a new lens to get here and I have temporarily lost a little motivation until I get it :p

Sometimes I have a camera, sometimes I don't.

I usually keep a P&S in the car (superzoom).

I like superzooms, I own 3 of em now. I am going to take my cheapest and cruddyiest to the zoo tomorrow to see what I can see.

If the weather looks bad I put my waterproof cases on em :)

I grab the D300 and the pro lenses only if I am intentionally going out to shoot something I care about, other than that I may drag around a D40 and kit lens and a 55-200 VR simply because they are light and if something bad were to happen to them I wouldn't cry.

Almost never.

Can't take it to work - can't even leave it in my car while I'm at work. I pretty much only have my camera with me if I plan on taking pictures - which isn't as often as I'd like.

Woah you work in fort knox or something?

For me? I usually have at least one camera with me, I have a selection and feel lost without part of my collection with me.

If people are worried about losing their camera at certain times but wish you had it with you, why don't you get a P&S and/or a 35mm film camera to suppliment your digital.

First rule of photography,never ever go anywhere without a camera.Best camera you can have? The one you have with you at the time! I've missed some great oppertunities because I left my camera at home. If you cannot be bothered to cart around your Dslr then get yourself a point and shoot and shove it in your pocket!

Mine is with me always these days. Right in my Domke f2. I love that bag almost as much as my camera. hahaha.

I never leave home without my camera. I second the Domke F2... I've tried several different bags but always come back to my Domke. My monopod and tripod are always in my truck.

Most reactions

Back